Aventure Pimaucan trip today, great run

RoadRunner

Heh RR....those 20" wide you guys are running are those 2 X 10litre jerry containers on the back? and what is your range with the gerry cans if you don't mind me asking? also that huge black carrying case on the back of yours/his does it keep it's contents really dry without bagging the contents? thanks for sharing the photos and The Pip place, another to do on the bucket list.

Keep on ride'n

JG

Heh RR....those 20" wide you guys are running are those 2 X 10litre jerry containers on the back? and what is your range with the gerry cans if you don't mind me asking? also that huge black carrying case on the back of yours/his does it keep it's contents really dry without bagging the contents? thanks for sharing the photos and The Pip place, another to do on the bucket list.

Keep on ride'n

JG

Trailblaze, they are two 20 liter cans, the range depends on the conditions as you realize, with a 12.8 gallon tank on the yeti, and the 10 gallons in the cans we count on a range of 230 miles to 300 miles range. The back case is not weather tight, but is large and you can put several dry bags in there. The cover opened up two days ago after dark as we were riding, in first time that has happened, tow rope ended up wound up in the track, not good, 30 minutes of cutting to get that out! Note to self, put bungy cord over top of cover. I have a new 2013 yeti coming, if It ever come in, snow checked but still not delivered yet, kind of defeats the purpose of snow check??

Today we head north with the five of us, we will be carring the fuel on the yetis and also pulling 50 gallons on a sleigh.

This is the group riding today

post-197-0-99883500-1355573326_thumb.jpg

This is some of the best early reporting i've ever seen! Keep it coming please. It is very much appreciated, way more than you might think, for those of us still stuck in snowless places. From all the reports it pretty much seems to be province wide so the season should get off to a very good start this year. Hopefully those that depend upon it for a living have a great year. I'm tired of seeing places closed or burned down.

Our trip today was north and east of auberge 31, we made a 220 mile run up to on the Pipmaucan, east of where we were earlier this week,, our coordinates today were

N49 26.820

w 070 25.814

a nice camp and dock on the reservoir, this was our destination today

post-197-0-66939500-1355612442_thumb.jpg

Today it was 5 of us and as I said earlier, we brought our fuel sleigh with us. we had a great variety of riding conditions from packed trail, to powder . Plenty of snow in this area, and the snow that is being packed down by the groomers and sleds is setting up nice and firm, below zero F temps have helped this greatly

Great going here with fuel sleigh in tow

post-197-0-25495000-1355610319_thumb.jpg

I had to try out the cat turbo, wow! nice power and really nice breaking a track on this road this am

post-197-0-68291900-1355610949_thumb.jpg

Time to fuel up

post-197-0-72084400-1355611584_thumb.jpg

NH Vector fueling up his yeti today

post-197-0-84268100-1355612111_thumb.jpg

Hambone running the Free ride in the powder

post-197-0-32741600-1355612243_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-22519300-1355660418_thumb.jpg

RR sya hi to Denis and Smitty, I was in on that trip until late this week, plans fell through............looks like I missed a good one. Next week.

S pump we have had a great time, wish you could havejoined in, a good 3.5 days and 740 miles of riding, but like all good trips they come to and end, we are headed back today, Denis, Smitty and Hambone are riding one more day

This is some of the best early reporting i've ever seen! Keep it coming please. It is very much appreciated, way more than you might think, for those of us still stuck in snowless places. From all the reports it pretty much seems to be province wide so the season should get off to a very good start this year. Hopefully those that depend upon it for a living have a great year. I'm tired of seeing places closed or burned down.

Gizz hope you can get on the snow soon, best regards RR

RR sya hi to Denis and Smitty, I was in on that trip until late this week, plans fell through............looks like I missed a good one. Next week.

S Pump, Smitty and Denis rode again today, they wanted to make sure you saw this :crazy:

http://youtu.be/KJkQXD2XPSQ

Looks like he needs to add a 4 stage to that turbo, I could still tell what color it was when it went by!! Nice! Is he happy with it? I really like mine.

Pipeman, that is Smittys sled, he is very happy with it, I got a chance to try it out on saturday, it has wicked power, as you well know, all the way through .... as far as I dared to hold it.... It was still going when I let off :db: . haha RR

Man I'm getting so jealous !!! Nice Stuff
Crazy snow, do you a date set for getting to quebec this year? RR