Interesting new product

Saguenay Bill

Last week Michiganrev was telling us about a carbide sharpener he saw on Snowtracker TV in Michigan a week or so ago. It was a sharpener for carbides. He couldn't remember name of it but we did a search on Goggle and up came BITEHARDER Carbide Runner Sharpener Tool. Last night 3 guys came in and I saw a batch with BITEHARDER on their jackets. I said, I just read about Biteharder. One guy says this gentleman is the developer and owner of the company. We had a nice discussion about BITEHARDER and he said in the morning he would give us a demo, which he did. I think it's a great product.

post-2-0-85523800-1362362532_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-41637900-1362362632_thumb.jpg

Just placed my order .... will let you all know how it works out !

R

That was my sled he was using it on and they were sharp. When he was done, about 15-20 seconds per runner, I could have shaved with the carbide. Suppose to be able to do 30 runners with one stone. Use a battery driven drill. Higher RPM the quicker the stone will wear, according to owner. Will work on 60 or 90 degree edge.

My report on the Biteharder....... Placed my order Sunday night , Clicked the regular UPS shipping .... Tool showed at my house Tuesday afternoon ! I have 2 sets of woodys 6'' carbide runners with about 2k miles on them , Great shape still but no longer would turn the sled on hard bare ice or pavement at road crossings / around gas pumps . Using my 18volt cordless drill i put a nice edge on 4 runners in about 10 minutes . Gave them a run this past weekend ... Would have to say thumbs up . I could turn on bare pavement again and the morning we had hard trail and could feel a good bite in the corners. Time will tell on how long the edge will last this 2nd time around.

Dooright

Edited by dooright

Local Laconia NH company just down the road from Me. Benz 500, do you know if they are affiliated with Mack Studs from Meredith NH ?

No, the owner has a machine shop and he has added this product to his business. I am going to his shop next Monday to meet with him.

That's impressive to have a lot of cnc machines. You want to see a lot, Stewart-Hass Racing (Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman and Danica Patrict's shop) NASCAR, of course the part owner Gene Haas makes the machines.

Good info from you Bill, we used to have a regular grinder with a diamond wheel set up in the trailer when I was helping a buddy in his racing and we would grind the carbides after every run. Sounds like an inexpensive tool for those of us that put on miles.

That's impressive to have a lot of cnc machines. You want to see a lot, Stewart-Hass Racing (Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman and Danica Patrict's shop) NASCAR, of course the part owner Gene Haas makes the machines.

Good info from you Bill, we used to have a regular grinder with a diamond wheel set up in the trailer when I was helping a buddy in his racing and we would grind the carbides after every run. Sounds like an inexpensive tool for those of us that put on miles.

You won't be disappointed if buy one.