Trip Report Jan 12-??????

iceman

Hey there, thought I would report in. After we met Iceman on the trail, we proceeded to Taddoussac over to St Simione, and stayed at Motel Horizon. 250 miles of pretty good riding that day, after the ferry riding to Motel was great! Next day rode from Motel on the 378, then 377 then back to 3, and back to 4 Points to get the truck. 130 great miles, of which the last 15 were very icy. All in all pretty darn good riding. RECAP: Started at Berniers on Monday, up to the Matane ferry for Tuesday at 2PM (395 miles). Then Wednesday and Thursday back down the north side. Great ride, 787 total miles over 4 days.

hey thanks for that update is sounding better than what i was thinking. we are planning one of our trips tomorrow and this will be helpful here is what im thinking

1- drive to bernies

2- to jonquiere or now thinking passion quebec in valin about 270mi

3-to bae com 280to 320 depending how we do and where stay

4- take ferry to matane and do a local loop

5- mont saint pierre 152 mi

6- chandler 239mi

7- new richmond with interior trails 207mi

8- amqui 190 mi

9- RDL 180 mi

10- bernies 195 mi

11- drive home

hope conditions will allow us to make this trip had something planned for the gaspie last year and changed to a 2000 mle loop in western quebec. our miles per day seem to be low for our normal just how the towns are i guess. and should be some nice places to stop and look along the way has i have never been there

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez Don you're cut'n close there

Riding miles like that on a tank have you considered a pair of these to keep you going.

attachicon.gifIMG_1319 (Medium).jpg

I wanted to push it to try and run it out. normally no need to go that far on one tank. I got the Roto Pax 1.5 gallon on the back for security.

Like the movie groundhog day here. Still on mont Valin. Got a group of guys couple are beginners and taking them around for two days.

Today went Up a perfect groomed Bra Loius(can't get enough of a good thing) then looped back to 93 and back to Valinouet. Then yup up Bra Louis again (the guys love it too), and over to Onitchaway for lunch. Then back the way we came to Passion Quebec. All things Super here. Snow on and off all day perfect temps.

Tomorrow we go 93 to Coronet and Back. Then Snohorse and I will visit Vincent(Owner of Passion QC) to go with him to his chalet 25 min from here by sled.

Sunday maybe Pipmaquan.

Barely a few flurries at home according to Mrs. Iceman and just 32F. No way its as good as here for sure. It will get better, but no real snow is forecast yet.

Iceman out.

Edited by iceman

I think that is normal Trailblazer. My '09 Apex GT gets that kind of mileage all the time, unless I would be breaking trail

Your '09 Apex GT is that a shorty?

My '08 Apex LTX GT 136" track has never seen more than 186klms/tank 116 miles, I ran her dry a few times just to keep checking 'cause i couldn't believe it, my earlier sled '04 RX1 could get 240klms/tank 150 miles.

Icemans sled is a Apex XTX 144" track length, 131 miles/tank 210klms is outstanding for a 144 on 31.5 litres.

I have put in a 144 track and skid this year but yet to have run a tank dry for range test. OEM describes the tank to be a 38 Litre capacity yet when I've run her dry in the past the pump meter showed 36 litres. I did some drivetrain mods and clutch work when installing the 144 set up and expect to see positive results on fuel range.

My '08 Apex LTX GT 136" track has never seen more than 186klms/tank 116 miles, I ran her dry a few times just to keep checking 'cause i couldn't believe it, my earlier sled '04 RX1 could get 240klms/tank 150 miles.

Icemans sled is a Apex XTX 144" track length, 131 miles/tank 210klms is outstanding for a 144 on 31.5 litres.

I have put in a 144 track and skid this year but yet to have run a tank dry for range test. OEM describes the tank to be a 38 Litre capacity yet when I've run her dry in the past the pump meter showed 36 litres. I did some drivetrain mods and clutch work when installing the 144 set up and expect to see positive results on fuel range.

When Yamaha went to FI on the Apex, mileage generally dropped. The EXUP change improved things a bit. Mid-to-high teens when chaincase has synthetic, track is properly adjusted for slack (factory spec is too tight) + alignment , etc. and you aren't breaking trail in deep snow should be norm.

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

Cant wait to get out again, probably heading up towards Valin area Jan 27-30. Seems like an eternity away :) Iceman is clearly hitting the good stuff!

Edited by skidooccio

93 day today to Coronet. Fresh snow varying from 3-5 inches most of the way from Valinouet to about 10 miles from Coronet. At near the end of the big 93 snow was old nothing new and it turns to ok but nothing great. Very hard and choppy to Coronet. Rideable no problem just not too good. Needs snow. . Good ride back to Chapelle then the Normal Old Forge type trail all the way to Valinouet. Way too much traffic and fresh snow. I knew it would be just that as I broke trail leaving this morning. Oh well. Time on Valin and with the awesome owners here at Passion QC is up. Busting out here tmmrw. Gotta be moving on.

Pipmaquan then Dolbeau for tmmrw.

Yes the GT is the short track, probably last year for this sled will go to an LTX or XTX. You guys will probably laugh at this but if I could only get one improvement from Yamaha it would be a 10+ gal. tank

Yes the GT is the short track, probably last year for this sled will go to an LTX or XTX. You guys will probably laugh at this but if I could only get one improvement from Yamaha it would be a 10+ gal. tank

Are you talking of a new machine?

You mean a LTX Vector?

Apex only Shorty or XTX.

Iceman. Where did you find that "basket" that you have mounted on your tunnel extension.? I have been looking for one but everything I find is too big.

RLH,

That is JG's (Trailblazer's) sled with the basket. I think JG made that basket himself.

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

Left Passion Quebec today and took Bras Louis to Trail for Onitchaway. Not as good as the past days with the saturday traffic taking its toll but OK. Quick stop to top off in Onitchaway.

Off for Pipmaquan. Ran up to check it out. And the trail was super wicked fast and fun. I had 101km from onitchaway to Pipmaquan.

Took no gas said a quick hello and turned and burned. Left Pip at 11:45 at Onitchaway at 1pm. Hair on fire fast.

Lunch at Onitchaway and gas then down the orange trail(do not know the number) but back to 328/93. Ran 93 all the way past Alma and to Dolbeau. Some nice but most hard frozen and bumpy. More bad then good. But you can ride it. Just not super.

289 miles

Onitchaway Pipmuacan Onitchaway and Dolbeau you were smoke'n Iceman surprised you didn't melt, you should be called hell on wheels(sled).

Thanks for that Andy and yes I made the basket RLH, however, I like to call it a rear rack.

Made the bumper too and they're powder coated check it out.

Side tank mounts aswell. I have an extra set if any one with a Nytro, Vector or Apex would need some. Mount on Koplin tanks sold at Canadian Tire stores.

And the tipped up 144 rails I used to extend my track keeping the same mono shock suspension geometry

Just need some dam snow now!!!

That looks real good iceman. I have an '06 nitro that's a 144". Used a mono shock suspension from an '06 attack, 136", then used trax usa rail extensions and a tunnel extension from "Hartman's mtn performance" in Idaho. Best thing I ever did to a sled. I'll never have go back to a short track again.

That looks real good iceman. I have an '06 nitro that's a 144". Used a mono shock suspension from an '06 attack, 136", then used trax usa rail extensions and a tunnel extension from "Hartman's mtn performance" in Idaho. Best thing I ever did to a sled. I'll never have go back to a short track again.

That is Trailblazers ride and it does look sweet. Nice Job brother.

Left Dolbeau auberge Dilligence. Took 93 up and thru Lac a Jim and over to local trail to restsurant du chef. Connected back to 93 then went up towards Sawmill on 93. Went halfway and turned around(trail is fine just needs some trimming back in alot of places we saw very narrow in places) back on 93 to La Dore. Then 93 to 373 to roberval then took the trail across the Lake(no sticks used GPS) then back to 83 and on 23 and am in Hebertville (presbytre). Not bad some real good some icy spots. Good day. 220 miles.

23 to St Ray tmmrw.

Ah La Presbytre.....do they still have blue berry balls light up in the trees in front and all you can eat fondue? Cozy little rooms , I only wish there were more places like that catering to snowmobilers in Quebec.