Track me to & fro the Winter Gathering

Trailblazer

Had more bad luck this morning, dealer sold me wrong wheel Grrrrr.....

Luckily one of our team members was on his way up from Montreal, dropped his sled put mine in truck up to st Michel I rode the1200 up got there sled is fixed off we go, now we're behind 2 groups pressure's on to catch up.

Took the Repo express then the Kanawata express lunch at Kanawata and I'm ahead of 1 group.

Trail out of Glacierie to StMichel bump diddi bump after StMichel trails all real sweet

Pic 1 The Parent Express

Pic 3 The Clova Express

Pic 4 Chemin Lepine

75 klms south of Clova there is a new Relais open this year Lac Ottawa, they have restaurant gas and place to sleep 20 people

Lepine road was a little snow covered but flat and hard all the way down, listened to my Yammy singing that tune again. After detour river crossing trail was very nice for a short period then ran into some logging, was groomed a little on the side then no grooming very bumpy sandy rocky you name it pure garbage I'm sure there is another way the club can detour. With a little warm weather and sunshine you'll scrap your sled going through there. After Rabaska trail 322 and 13 into Mt. Laurier was easy going.

Left Mt.Laurier this morning with Eddie and Dave rode down the 63 to the 53 intersection where we parted ways, it was fun guys hope to to it again.

53 through the parc is not what we're used to riding on, the road has been plowed, there is a groomed section on the side that criss crosses the road several times and runs along the side several times as well, lots of gravel and sand, yummy stuff!!!

A little warm up and sunshine here will ruin what is left. The 53 trail has been detoured into Notre Dame de Laus and is called the 308 and then the 322 and then the 53 back to the 308 very confusing, finally down to the 43 and that trail has been altered too. Mt.Laurier to Chenneville what used to be a 2 1/2 hour descent will now take you 4 hours.

After Chenneville the trail was freshly groomed right down to the Ottawa river. Ontario side was groomed in the Alfred club but closer to the Quebec border trail needed a touch up. Once again going through Rigaud and over the mountain was bump ditty bump then it was freshly groomed trails all the way home, they knew I was coming lol.

383 klms today and in at 3, it was real fun meeting the QR folks and new ones at the Gathering and riding with some of them on the way up there too. Big thanks to Jim for putting it together and hope this annual meeting keeps going.

Saddling up at the Comfort Inn

From here on into the Parc is where the trail has been detoured

Below Chenneville, just look at these trails, flat and hard as nails, when we rolled into Rigaud for gas we had 195klms on the tank and fueled 31 litres

I swear they knew I was coming home, passed three groomers between Rigaud and Pointe des Cascades Sweeeeet

Last lake to cross and my worst fears before leaving came true, Friday's rain and warm weather melted the snow on the lake lucky enough the sled trail still had some left in it for the crossing.

Home sweet home

Speedo says 1550klms GPS says

Edited by Trailblazer