Had a great winter of Snowmobiling!!!

wulsock1

Just thought I would share a little bit of my good fortune this year!

My Dad and I have been making trips to Quebec for the last 7 years. This year is the best one so far. In early February we rode in Gaspe for the first time and it was everything we have been told it was. We are planing to go back next year as we did not get to do the whole loop. This past weekend we had a chance to take my two best friends with us up to Abitibi-Temis. region. They had never been on trails like that. It was so fun for both Dad and myself to see the look on their faces every time we stopped. We had a good ride,600 miles in two days! Unloaded in Swisha and rode up 386 to Val-Dor. Stayed at the Comfort Inn. Trails were a 10 for sure! Left Val-Dor and down 309 to Belletere. Trail was in need of a groomer down to Rapids 7. Not bad though. I would say an 8. The rest was a 10. Belletere to Lorainville then down to Lake Kipawa. Trails were a10. Kipawa to Swisha. 125 miles of GREATNESS!!!! This trail had been groomed the day we left Swisha so when we came back maybe two sleds had been on it ahead of us. It is a long trip across with no gas stop but if you ride easy you should make it with no problem. We all ride 800s(two Ski-Doo,two Arctic Cat).

Dad and I ended up with around 1700 miles for the year including a couple hundred riding around our home town in Northern NY. Not to bad for a couple guys that live in North Carolina now!!!

Any way that is a little bit of our winter! Just thought I would share it with our Quebec Rider friends!!!!!!

That's why I do it! Could not ask for a better riding partner.

As for riding again this year, I DON'T think I could do it anymore this year. Maybe if it were here in NC, but the 18 hours of driving has got my number!

• 2 weeks later...

Great post. I don't know where the winter has gone down here in PA? I wish I had a place in Quebec or Maine where I could just step out and ride into April! Our riding ceased about 2 weeks ago in most of Pennsylvania.....and I am so jealous when I bring up snow cams of Quebec and Maine and see feet of snow and more falling! Only a snowmobiler begs for more snow this time of year and non snowmobilers look at you like you are crazy when you hope for more snow in March! When you explain your reason is that you snowmobile, they kinda understand....kinda? I have been having the urge come and go to hitch up the trailer and head up to NY, Maine, or even one last trip to Quebec....but talk myself out of it. The weather is now calling for a blizzard for eastern Maine Tuesday. 12+ inches.....maybe?