UP Michigan getting slammed

MXZ700RIDER

Have any of you considered riding to the U.P. from Quebec? And back? Many on here are avid saddlebaggers and the adventurous type, it must have crossed your mind.

Doing some rough (very rough :) calculations, a drive from Montreal to Marquette, MI (central UP) is about 700 miles. Add 200 for riding trails =900 mi one way. This can easily be accomplished in one week. Have 2-2.5 weeks allotted and it could be a great adventure. Spend a day or 2 riding the UP and hopefully return a slightly different route.

Of course breakdowns could throw a major wrench in your plans, but isn't that always the case?

If someone would like to consider a trip like this, I'm open to the idea.

It's going to be a very long summer. . .

Have any of you considered riding to the U.P. from Quebec? And back? Many on here are avid saddlebaggers and the adventurous type, it must have crossed your mind.

Doing some rough (very rough :) calculations, a drive from Montreal to Marquette, MI (central UP) is about 700 miles. Add 200 for riding trails =900 mi one way. This can easily be accomplished in one week. Have 2-2.5 weeks allotted and it could be a great adventure. Spend a day or 2 riding the UP and hopefully return a slightly different route.

Of course breakdowns could throw a major wrench in your plans, but isn't that always the case?

If someone would like to consider a trip like this, I'm open to the idea.

It's going to be a very long summer. . .

Not a bad plan, but for me I would rather have more time once in the UP. It is alot of travel to get there to just have 1-2 days there. For sure would be a great adventure.

Locals here rode from Wyoming to Vermont this year. Took them almost 3 weeks I think, but they did it,

I was in Maniwaki a bunch of years back a met up with 3 guys riding from Derbey Vt. to West Yellowstone. They returned by truck, but still quite the ride.