Trail Conditions

Saguenay Bill

Yesterday we took the Clermont Express to the Fairmont Hotel for lunch. Trails were not too bad. The wind from Sunday and the fact that the Saguenay Club has 3 groomers down with transmission problems, the trails were not great but not too bad. Past one of the groomers that was down last night so at least one of the 3 is up and running. Will find out status of the rest tonight. The club meets here tonight.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode 140 miles today. Left the hotel at 8:30, it was snowing, had about 2" of snow here at that time. When to St Ambroise took 93 to 484. As we climbed altitude the snow got much deeper. We were pushing a foot of snow into Onatichiway. Had lunch, went to Lac Lamothe and back to the Delta. Snowed all day.

Daniel, Collett and I left the Delta at 10:30 this morning in -25F temps. Rode up to the old Scooby Raid, now Mont Valain. I liked the new owners have brightened up the place with the off white walls. Same cook is still there. We ended up riding 115 miles for the day.

Picture of new owner.

post-2-0-55092000-1423008154_thumb.jpg

Hi Bill, I was there this past sat night with three buddies and the guy at the the front desk told me you went home to pick up your wife.I kept thinking, We we have to get there by 7 p.m. So we could make dinner With sagueney bill lol

Oh well, maybe next year

Stan

My money on sled back fire after shut down igniting the fumes trapped and ice levels when very cold. 5 bucks the rider was hammering prior to shut down. I made practice of shutting down away from pump if pushing for just a moment then starting and moving to pump. After having a sled do that not mine while in cote nord . Saved the sleds and pumps but paid 75 bucks to the gas station because we used a fire extinguisher.

Edited by rmk

I've heard Relais du Lac is a great place to stop also

It sure is.

Yesterday MrGutz, nohair, MichRev and I went up to the new Relais Mont Apica. Had a bowl of soup and coffee and headed to The Presbytere for lunch. On the way back we had 3 "Johnny Standups" pass was while catching air. Needless to say by the time they passed the 4 of us and continued on the trail ahead of us had been trashed in the corners. After all it "all about me".