Montreal to the Lake'n back

Trailblazer

On my first saddlebag trip of the season, wanted to wait till I could leave from the yard at home, did a test run on the week end and everything was a go, then more snow Monday and Wednseday yippy another 8"s to help the grooming.

Day 1

Left home in Pincourt 7:45 took the 306 301 then the 33 took gas'n go in Blainville then 33 333 406 333 then the 3 all flat wide and hard oh did I mention freshly groomed, holy cow!

Has lunch in Bertierville at noon with 250k on the meter, 1 1/2 hours later on the go again, 33 flirted with the 63 then 351 302 23 353 73 into St,Raymond. Toddles to the grooming oooh la la. In at 5:45 with 507 klms in American 300 miles. Not too many pics today very cold and a happy thumb.

Day 2

A group from Mintreal drove up in the morning and joined us, now were 10 gonna be an interesting day. On the trail at 9:30am.

Took 23 to 73 freshly groomed railbed oh yo here we come to rivière Pierre and then there were 5, lost a few, rookies!!!!!

Waited went back turned around made some phone calls you name they must've taken a turn where they shouldn't have, like I said rookies!!!!

Left Ruviere Pierre at noon to Lac Edward out lunch location, maybe meet them there, nope. Gas lunch'n go to Lac Bouchette, read on Icemsns post it took him 2 hour, let's try it out, yup 2 hours on the nose, good run wide flat and really well groomed trail a few stick here and there left behind from the groomer.

Lac Bouchette got gas got phone signal and some messages come in, they're behind us at Lac Edward good to here we're all back on track, meet at the hotel.

Snowmobiling is such an adventure.

Arrived at Hotel du Jsrdin at 6:15 with 380klms done, the others arrive at 10:00 pm with 150 more from their reroute.

Got a couple pics phone was dead this morning and took some time to charge with the car charger plugged into the sled while on the go.

Day 3

-35C had a few to boost this morning, a few woke up late and Oh! did i say -35C brrrr.....had one sled gave us a lot of trouble. Group split up 5 returned same path to St.Raymond and 5 left for La Tuque. Left at 11:30 a little warmer now -22C.

Back tracked on the 373 to the St.Hedgewick shortcut trails were groomed the night before. Headed east on the 83 to Relais 22 this trail hadn't seen the groomer the night before but was in terrific shape, had lunch at Relais 22 and forgot my glasses there, dam. We were told by the owner the 73 down to La Tuque had been shortened by 40klms to 127klms for the run and it's been rerouted, he also told us to take the express for 30 k. Oh ya! Apex express!!!! This new trail is definetely an improvement not as twisty and much larger for the most part. In La Tuque at 5:30 360klms.

This guy upgraded his ski tip tou tou to a back seat model

La Tuque Express

For the most part down to La Tuque is like this, closer to town is the same twisties as they were in the past, but not much.

Day 4

Still -35C dam it's cold!!! 3 out of 5 sleds needs a boost, same 3 for the last 2 mornings, mine and SR Viper started each morning. A big thanks to one of our team members that brought along a compact electronic booster pack guaranteed to make 20 boosts on one charge, well we did 9 for our group and 1 in the other group with out fail, see pic below.

Took the 73 out to the 355 to a freshly groomed pipeline, just a few sled tracks to rough up the surface. At the 355/360 split we said our good byes to 2 of our team members as they were heading back to their truck at the Cabanon where they started out their ride to St.Raymond on Friday. As for us we have a long haul back to my house in Pincourt. 360 to the 351 to the 3 and had lunch at the resto beside the Elite BRP dealer I believe is in 3 rivers. All trails were to perfection as was the weather, blue jay day. After lunch different story, overcast got heavier and the trails crossing fields were all wind swept with drifts, made for a very slow afternoon of riding where we were just ripping down the same trails on Friday, backtracked 3/63/333/403/333/33 when we arrived in Blainville/Mirabel the groomer had passed and believe me it was well deserved by then. Freshly groomed back to the clubhouse in Ile Bizard and out to the lake but not the lake. It was dark now very windy blowing snow hard to see conditions and trails was all drifted, eyeballing one stick to the next while cruising no more than 20klms/hr maximum, took 1/2 hr to cross. Vaudreuil side all drifted but St.Lazare groomed. Got in at 9:00pm with 550klms for the day. We were all beat, forearms and wrists all worn out.

Speedo gave us 1800 klms for our 4 day ride

I got 15hrs of GoPro footage to sift through and will post at a later date.

Compact electronic booster pack highly recommended

And of course it's not a successful trip until someone stuffs it, this farmer and 4 of his kids come out on the tractor to help out, bless them.

Wow! great ride and report/pics JG :good:

You had the great and the bad from riding the fields trail and the lake...all in all with a 64 km/h average, it seems you had more good than bad!

I'm impressed that you could get many boost from just one charge of this tiny thing... it just seem impossible in my mind! Looks like it will be on my new toys wish list !

Thanks for sharing, those hi-miles rides makes me dream! :drinks:

Edited by towing

This video recording is from our last day, it recording our run from St.Tite to St.Severne.

It's rather a little long but amusing, it's real interesting at 15:30 minutes and on.

Poor 1200's are getting a lick'n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I2DI3AzK4g&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Trailblazer

Looks like I will be buying one of those booster packs. Was skeptical until I saw it in action.

An FYI for anyone who wants to buy one, Amazon has it for about $130 (free shipping) Unfortunately, they must have had a price increase - last week it was $109!!! :sorry:

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

This video recording is from our last day, it recording our run from St.Tite to St.Severne.

It's rather a little long but amusing, it's real interesting at 15:30 minutes and on.

Poor 1200's are getting a lick'n

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I2DI3AzK4g&feature=youtu.be

Finally got to watch this on my TV. Lots of fun JG!