Terrible...terrible trip.....

MXZ700RIDER

I hope all QRs have a better riding experience than I had recently. I slipped, fell and injured my back one day into our snowmobile trip this past week. I took a mega dose of Ibuprofin right away and felt better the next day. Then decided to ride since I hadn't hit trails yet at all yet. Riding seemed fine back wise. Did about 30 miles around St Donat in -10 f weather and headed back to our lodging. went out to dinner and felt back getting stiff as night went on. The following morning I had extreme pain shooting down my back. If 10 was the most severe pain possible...it felt like an 11. At that point the decision to return home was a pretty easy one....but very disappointing. The thought of having to load 2 sleds, all our gear, hook up the trailer....with my acute back pain was not a pleasant thought. My wife was on the trip with me...and that is it. Getting the trailer hooked up wasn't too bad..except when she locked in the trailer hitch, it must not have locked in because when I went to get on my tilt trailer....the whole trailer popped off the hitch ball and did a wheelie! We locked the trailer in properly and made sure it was locked in. Next I had my wife try to pull start her sled....a 2003 MXZ 700 that has only pull start feature. It was around zero out and sled was not in the mood to be pull started....my wife has never had to pull start her sled....I always did it for her. I tried but one pull and a sharp stabbing pain shot through my back. Even on a steady dose of Ibuprofin the pain was severe when I tied to start her sled. Fortunately I had a portable winch and we were able to get her sled on the trailer but that took forever it seemed...in ridiculously cold weather. Now, last Tuesday, we finally got all our stuff loaded up and began our 570 mile trip back to Pennsylvania. Back hurt every pot hole or speed bump we hit along the way.....but at least we were heading home so I could have my back seen by a doctor. Then when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I notice my snowmobile trailer license plate was missing? Somehow we made it through the border crossing and I got a new plate for the trailer yesterday. I ended up having to go to the local emergency room Friday morning as the pain flared up again to extreme. Back if feeling a bit better today. Well I see a lot of QRs take pride in the miles they are able to log each day...each trip....sadly for me I traveled 570 miles to log about 30 miles on sled the entire trip. Hoping others have much better luck....and a lot more fun then I ended up having on my recent trip. There were a few bright spots though.

• Had a great turkey club sandwich at Culliere a Pot
  • Had a great Poutine at M Pizza
  • Scouted out some nice short cut trails around St Donat for my next trip. One is riding the lake Quareau trail. So disappointed. I wait a whole year to ride and end up injuring myself the second day of our much awaited trip.

Hey, wishing you a complete (if not as speedy as you'd like) recovery!

I have a peeve when people say "I know how you feel" when they don't, but on this I'm an authority.

With many years and many breaks & mends & a couple of replacements & rebuilds under my belt, I can tell you that your next ride after a major scourge is THE BEST.

Don'f forget to get your doc's email so you can send a photo from the trail!

post-181-0-59472900-1423422469_thumb.jpg

hope you will get better... sometimes, the real way to go forward is to backup a bit and focus on the important thing: your health...

Take care and you will eventually be back on the trails and like Playhard said it will be even better

Sorry to hear about your accident, these things are really unfortunately and can not be planned on, sucks to have to take u turn so early into your trip.

Get well and try a little riding around home to be sure about the back before making the decision to drive so far north for your next run.

JG

Think about renting for her first. Sounds to me one ride per year for her in good temps would do. Re allocated the funds from purchased unit to trip i.e. more about her. Spend a night in a five star get her a massage what ever. I learned this the very hard way with mine. Used to hand sleds down stupid 100 lb chick gets tired running a155 track for 180 plus in 30 below. Renting is cheap when stacked against own and cost with. Maybe drive to the lac and stay like Bill plenty for the bride with out riding and plenty of fresh faces for you to hook up with.

Option c next year when I'm finished healing ship her to Florida I'll ride with you see can sit on are private beach

Bluyamaha......yea I really messed the back up. Ended up in the ER a few days after returning. Ive been taking ibuprofen since 2/2 and back still hurting....but not as bad. My season may be over...

Bluyamaha......yea I really messed the back up. Ended up in the ER a few days after returning. Ive been taking ibuprofen since 2/2 and back still hurting....but not as bad. My season may be over...

Try Robax, I've had to use this on several occasions and it really takes the sting out.