Conditions

Saguenay Bill

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to HI the 26th for one last ride. Is 383 still closed in L'Anse saint jean or do you have to take 3 to 83 and how many miles does that add. Thanks.

Last I knew 383 is no longer open from L'Anse St Jean down to 3. We were down to the look out 2 weeks ago and where 383 took a hard right there was only 1 track going east. I would say it will be at least 60 miles further going on 83 to 3 to the ferry from the HI.

Bill,

Hope all is well. Craig & Jim from NY & NJ. Looks like the conditions are still pretty good up there. Can you confirm? We're trying to get one more trip in before the end of the season.

Thanks,

Craig

Craig

Just received an email from my contact in Jonquiere and they got 52cm, that 21 inches, of snow for Easter. No problem riding out of the HI.

Bill

Craig

Just received an email from my contact in Jonquiere and they got 52cm, that 21 inches, of snow for Easter. No problem riding out of the HI.

Bill

But it is lonely here!!! Mine is the only sled in the parking lot and it was locked when I pulled in because no one was here last night!

I rode up today from St Foy and experienced all kinds of conditions. From excellent (last 20 miles of Rt 83 coming to the HI) to terrible (the first 10 miles of Rt 83 after turning off Rt23).

There is a lot of snow here, but in some cases, it was too much to groom. Rt 23 north of Mount Apica has only been groomed in one direction so it is only about 10 feet wide. Lots of drifting... Rt 383 appeared to be plowed or closed.

I suggest that anyone planning to make the trip call ahead to check for grooming. The great trails are still great, but where they haven`t groomed, it is really bad because of all the snow.

Mid 30s here now. Warmer tomorrow. Snow is gone between here and the Esso station. But plenty of puddles to lube your slides!

But it is lonely here!!! Mine is the only sled in the parking lot and it was locked when I pulled in because no one was here last night!

:sad: We feel so bad for you GKW :sad: all the trails and hotel, all to yourself!!! Enjoy!

Gary,

Don't drink all the Caribou!

Have a great time.

Mike

Ha! Someone else must have drank it as there is none here! And to correct my last post, that was Rt 368 that is closed or plowed. I didn`t make it up to 383.

GW

Lucky you. Heard you had good trip with doobraap and renegadebraap the other month except for the last couple of miles to the hotel. oops. Are you catching the snowmobile show in Manchester on Monday?

BB