Conditions

Saguenay Bill

When I came in this afternoon I noticed 2 Poloaris sleds with many different trail passes on them. I immediately said to myself,"Dave is here". Sure enough farmerold and Joanie are here. They left Real Masse on Jan 30 and went to Manitoba and then turned around and came back east. At this point they have 5,000 miles on the trip. I've asked him to please post his trip repor once he gets home so we can all enjoy it. Here is Dave and Joanie.

WOW!!! They are Great.........now let me get this calculator to figure out how long before I can Doo the same,...darn calculator just started humming and smoking. :wacko:

Congrats to you Two :drinks: I don't want to miss your trip report. rfm2410@yahoo.com

Bob

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I came in this afternoon I noticed 2 Poloaris sleds with many different trail passes on them. I immediately said to myself,"Dave is here". Sure enough farmerold and Joanie are here. They left Real Masse on Jan 30 and went to Manitoba and then turned around and came back east. At this point they have 5,000 miles on the trip. I've asked him to please post his trip repor once he gets home so we can all enjoy it. Here is Dave and Joanie.

Wow, my hats off to Dave and Joanie. Only problem Dave will have with the report is it will take him longer to type it than it did to ride it. :lol:

Darryl,

Riding is fantastic. You should make the Holiday Inn in one day from Armstrong, long as you get an early start.

At the very least, I would make reservations when you get to Armstrong. Place is 155 rooms but is often full by late afternoon. Have a good ride.

Also, if you are just passing through, would recommend continuing north to Chibougamou. But this area will keep you happy for days.

Mike

Darryl,

Riding is fantastic. You should make the Holiday Inn in one day from Armstrong, long as you get an early start.

At the very least, I would make reservations when you get to Armstrong. Place is 155 rooms but is often full by late afternoon. Have a good ride.

Also, if you are just passing through, would recommend continuing north to Chibougamou. But this area will keep you happy for days.

Mike

Hey Mike thanks for the info. We was thinking of going from Armstrong to Rivere de lou then on to Matane,next morning catch ferry to Godbout then head towards Jonquiere. Ride around there a couple days then head towards Shawinigan to Quebec. Catch shuttle then back towards Armstrong. Any suggestions? Chibougamou sounds good, we`ll check it out. Darryl

Rob,

Are you happy with that xp renegade so far, was thinking of going in that direction next year. Is the 600 sufficient for power?? Does it push in the corners?? I rode an etech for a day and I loved it. Reliability??? Any comments appreciated.

NHV

Today mikerider, rob and I rode 240 miles. We did "The Tour du Lac St Jean". Weather was 30F+ at times, not much sunshine, thank goodness. Few pics from today.

#1 is coffee break in Desbiens.

#2 is where we had lunch Relais des Buttes

#3 Grandma and grandpop out with the grandchildern.

#4 mikerider and rob taking a break after 80 miles in the saddle.

Rob,

Are you happy with that xp renegade so far, was thinking of going in that direction next year. Is the 600 sufficient for power?? Does it push in the corners?? I rode an etech for a day and I loved it. Reliability??? Any comments appreciated.

NHV

Yes all in all I am very happy with the XP Gade. The 600 is enough for me, and in the XP chassis is faster than my 05 600sdi Renegade. It pushes less than the 05, which is saying it pushes very little. In fact it rails, never had a sled that corners this well. The seating position is just super.

I had a minor issue with the check engine light coming on. It was traced to the RAVE valves, although nothing was found wrong, other than my valves were stuck after only 3400 miles. Now that they were cleaned it is back to running like new. I am using the Doo semi-syn oil, and I'm not impressed with it, considering how dirty the valves were.

And the one gripe I have concerns the seat.. It is hard and the sticky material makes it worse IMO. Seat feels like a cement bench on a long ride and needs to be addressed. Other than that one gripe I love it. :yahoo:

:clapping:

Hey Bill,

DooBraap, BigBraap, and I arrived home in NH this afternoon. Had to stay in Drummondville, QC last night, as the weather was horrible from Shawinigan. Big blizzard ! Most of the snow here in Southern NH is gone. So hard to believe the difference crossing THE border makes !!! We had an amazing trip overall. Logged a total of 1669 miles this past week. Thank you AGAIN for all you did for us. Really enjoyed the 2 days of riding we did together in PARADISE. We waived at Cannon Mtn. for ya on the way home. I know you'll be back there soon..........tough to leave QC and the region !!! Looking forward to the gathering in NH this Summer.

By the way, we ALL thanked you yesterday when DooBraap BROKE yet another belt this week.............

The conditions were amazing. I hope you make your 10K---I mean, I know you'll make your 10K--ENJOY !!! You are an inspiration to us all and the sport (or addiction--whatever the heck is really is.....)I'm at 4700 miles thus far this year. Not done yet. Not too bad for a "working man..........."

Take care. Hello to JD and Greta.

Regards,

RenegadeBraap (Chris)

:clapping:

Hey Bill,

DooBraap, BigBraap, and I arrived home in NH this afternoon. Had to stay in Drummondville, QC last night, as the weather was horrible from Shawinigan. Big blizzard ! Most of the snow here in Southern NH is gone. So hard to believe the difference crossing THE border makes !!! We had an amazing trip overall. Logged a total of 1669 miles this past week. Thank you AGAIN for all you did for us. Really enjoyed the 2 days of riding we did together in PARADISE. We waived at Cannon Mtn. for ya on the way home. I know you'll be back there soon..........tough to leave QC and the region !!! Looking forward to the gathering in NH this Summer.

By the way, we ALL thanked you yesterday when DooBraap BROKE yet another belt this week.............

The conditions were amazing. I hope you make your 10K---I mean, I know you'll make your 10K--ENJOY !!! You are an inspiration to us all and the sport (or addiction--whatever the heck is really is.....)I'm at 4700 miles thus far this year. Not done yet. Not too bad for a "working man..........."

Take care. Hello to JD and Greta.

Regards,

RenegadeBraap (Chris)

Hi RenegadeBraap

You 3 guys are good people. I'm very glad to have met young men who are like you guys. Makes me proud to say I know "The Braap Boys". Please come up to Paradise again. You have only scratched the surface. By all means come to the "Summer Gathering of Quebec Rider.com". It is a family gathering, kids are most welcome. After all they are the future of this sport. We need to get them involved at the earliest age.

Bill

Bill

mikerider,rob,zeusand,madforsnow,Bob and I rode 240 miles today on the "CLERMONT EXPRESS". Great day. We had a great day. Weather was absolutely wonderful. Few pics from today. If you are ever in Clermont stop here for a GREAT lunch. Nice guy owns it.

Here are some of the highlights from the week spent up in Paradise.

TQ 83 to Claremont was awesome.

Fresh snow on the trail leaving Roberval.

No sleds for 100 miiles.

I am an expert at getting stuck.

I am not alone....

We all end up digging...

Friendly trail police...

Valin needs more snow...

I'll get some others up here later....

Chris