The Adventure: Shawingan/Abitibi 1650 mile loop

Scranton1

Godspeed!

We have arrived!

Fingers crossed with a little luck we are back here next wed/ thurs.

I'm riding with former handle "guest" soon to be "radar" and formerly jackstraws trail boss.

Looking forward to some great times, great riding, and as always and adventure to remember.

BJ / Eric

Sleds in one piece and fully functional!

post-36-0-69624400-1424912964_thumb.jpg

Day 1

260 miles in by 5 with an hr lunch at Repo! Nothin but blue skies and sun all day. Passed 17 sleds.

Took the river M19 to 360 fuel in Manawin 10. ( a little nippy early AM )

345 to repo junction of 33 10

33 to 13 to Fer Cheval. 10

Only bump we hit today was during a 2 mile portion of sightseeing trail in the lovely town of Manawan. No signs and no groomer. Fortunately RADAR guessed correctly at 10 intersections in a row to get us thru without an F Story.

Day couldn't have been better!

BJ

Looking good guys, How was the lunch at Repo ? NOT good last time I was there ! Fer Cheval is very nice, great food and REALLY cute waitress.Keep the reports coming ! Safe trip !

Thanks, Dave

Day 2

240 miles

All trails in Perfect condition.

-33 last night at fer chaval. The sleds were a little reluctant this morning but we woke em up without issue.

We took the road from fer Cheval to Clova......sign said 95 kms and the road was looking sweet.

With recent fresh snow and no tracks a logging operation thru us a curveball that ended up taking us backcountry on a beautiful trail past Mary's lake and to Lepine Rd. Thank god our internal GPSs were accurate as it was great to take the road less traveled and observe some of quebecs beauty and end up were we wanted.....( andrenaline rush for a bit?). We were after all beyond our point of no return with fuel and following a trail with no signage.

Fuel in Clova and at Buzzbard.....

83 was a gem to Seneterre!

Blue skies and not a cloud in the sky. The temps warmed up in the afternoon and the foreseeable future looks like we will be riding in the 20's.

BJ

post-36-0-08396400-1425080760_thumb.jpg

post-36-0-17305400-1425080840_thumb.jpg

post-36-0-72014100-1425080876_thumb.jpg

Day 3

150 plus miles from Sennatare to Matagami .

Trails excellent and weather a balmy 22 degrees with nothin but blue skies.

Just when things couldn't get any better!

I'm going to treat Eric to a Canadian limo ride back to Shawinigan via the Black Trail. He said it's the only trail n Quebec that he has yet to ride.

Special trail pass required from Matagami! ($750 bucks). A real deal from out in these parts!

Always an adventure :(

post-36-0-29528200-1425155593_thumb.jpg

post-36-0-40410700-1425155641_thumb.jpg

Hey Eric,

Did your camel decide to go on strike? It's a long way to Shawinigan from Matagami on the black trail for sure! $750.00 is a bargain. Exchange rate helps.

Be safe boys!

Best of luck.

Tom

Eric's Camel running strong with 12500 plus......it's the two stroke that let us down.

Here we come 4 stroker. Brand to be determined!

Eric says Hello.....he's about to go out for a 50 mile loop solo.

Sorry to hear about your ride BJ. This sport is always an adventure for sure. I remember riding my sled from Matagami to Val d'Or with a broken shock in my rear skid. Not fun.

Safe travels tomorrow. Glad you were able to arrange transportation.

Best,

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

There's a good Doo dealer in Val D'Or that took care of Eddie a couple weeks back, could give them a try on the black top back.

What happened to the 2 stroker anyways?

Dam does Eric have ride back alone?

Edited by Trailblazer