The Adventure: Shawingan/Abitibi 1650 mile loop

Scranton1

Doo dealer in val Dor couldn't fix that? I had a whole short block put in my Mach z in Chandler in 24 hours

Block came from groomers brothers place in Amqui by bus overnight.

Good question, but no Dealer till Monday AM at this point. Only open till noon on Saturday.

Day 4

540 miles

Left 7 AM back at 5 PM Ice road for the first two hrs! 10 hr ride. Both E and I safe and sound!

Jim,

We had no communication with the dealer and had no idea what the wait time would be Monday AM in Val Dor? Closed Sat noon

Stumbled upon the mechanic in Matagami and it just so happened he was delivering a sled to Montreal today so Eric and I made the mutual decision this was prob the best option.

Doonali,

Sled was a 09 600 carbed with 4700 miles. ( I know I was gambling a bit ) We have been running the motor since 05 and this is the first one to let us down. Several had 10000 plus with no issues.

Until next time,

BJ/Eric

Day 4

540 miles

Left 7 AM back at 5 PM Ice road for the first two hrs! 10 hr ride. Both E and I safe and sound!

Jim,

We had no communication with the dealer and had no idea what the wait time would be Monday AM in Val Dor? Closed Sat noon

Stumbled upon the mechanic in Matagami and it just so happened he was delivering a sled to Montreal today so Eric and I made the mutual decision this was prob the best option.

Doonali,

Sled was a 09 600 carbed with 4700 miles. ( I know I was gambling a bit ) We have been running the motor since 05 and this is the first one to let us down. Several had 10000 plus with no issues.

Until next time,

BJ/Eric

Had a 09 SDI and the motor let go at 3800 miles on a small trip. It was bummer only good thing it was on second year so warranty covered it. It was the oil pump. Good luck boys!

Haha...True that! My 2010 e-tec is taking her last trip to Quebec this week then I'll be ordering a 2016 900 ace or a 1200 4-tec.

Edited by doonali

The 2012 E-Tec 800 with me had the Pistons (recall) done at 10k miles. Yeah we are nervous about it, but with good reason it's pushing close to 18k miles now. She probably has seen her last ride in QC but you never know.