2015-2016 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

Today we went from shawinigan up the river to the atv trail to 360 up and over to matawin. Grabbed fuel and we were going to continue west on 360 but the sleds that were out!!! I did a quick adjustment and backtracked 360 some and headed up to latuque on 355. 360 was great. 355 not so much. We took the LT1 and that was the trail of the day. Sweet. 73 west was great. Got fuel in La Tuque for sleds and the body (great lunch). Took 355 (still not great, lol) down to 351. 351 was a nice ride. To 23 and back down to shawinigan. 250 miles. Overall a good ride but some trails still need to be addressed from the storm but they did a great job in such a short time. Out again tomorrow morning. Heading a little east I think.

Ps those lost keys are still on the sign on the ladies room.

post-1787-0-12404300-1456624563_thumb.jpeg

Where is her man when she needs him??? I heard over 13 inches in the last 24 hours in that area!

More than that

She got the snowblower out look out. That's my girl.

post-211-0-18265100-1456958009_thumb.jpeg

post-211-0-61013100-1456958021_thumb.jpeg

March 6

Love to ride but nice to be home.

2C

Blue Sky

We got a ton of snow while I was gone last week.

Gonna be quite warm after tmmrw.

March 10

+5

Cloudy

Rain was not terrible but the fog last night was thick.

Melty.

Still alot of snow on the trails but surely they will take a beating being very soft. Doubtful there will be any further grooming unless it turns very cold. But at this point I doubt they will bother to groom again. Hope I am wrong. Time will tell.

From club motoneige Mauricie

A compter de ce soir les rivières seront toutes fermées par mesure de sécurité il y a déjà des endroits qui sont à l'eau. Les sentiers ne seront plus entretenus à cause du climat en ce moment. Les surfaceuses seront sorties si les conditions climatiques nous le permettent. Nous sommes désolés de vous dire cette information. Les machines en ce moment ne sont pas capables de travailler car la neige est trop pleine d'eau.

As of tonight the rivers are all closed for safety reasons there are already places that are in the water. The trails will not be maintained because of the climate at the moment. The resurfacing will be output if weather conditions allow. Sorry to tell you this information. The machines currently are not able to work because the snow is too full of water.

From club motoneige Mauricie

A compter de ce soir les rivières seront toutes fermées par mesure de sécurité il y a déjà des endroits qui sont à l'eau. Les sentiers ne seront plus entretenus à cause du climat en ce moment. Les surfaceuses seront sorties si les conditions climatiques nous le permettent. Nous sommes désolés de vous dire cette information. Les machines en ce moment ne sont pas capables de travailler car la neige est trop pleine d'eau.

As of tonight the rivers are all closed for safety reasons there are already places that are in the water. The trails will not be maintained because of the climate at the moment. The resurfacing will be output if weather conditions allow. Sorry to tell you this information. The machines currently are not able to work because the snow is too full of water.

Glad we rode in today Don! We saw lots of water on the river when we crossed early this morning.

well I thought my season was done last weekend, but I am looking at the extended weather up there and it isn't looking too bad. I know they got some showers yesterday so I am wondering how the rivers are holding up? The trails had a bunch, but was just curious how the rivers might be. Thinking about coming up next Thursday.

well I thought my season was done last weekend, but I am looking at the extended weather up there and it isn't looking too bad. I know they got some showers yesterday so I am wondering how the rivers are holding up? The trails had a bunch, but was just curious how the rivers might be. Thinking about coming up next Thursday.

Triggerhappy, sounds like youve caught a bad case of the Quebec riding disease. Welcome to my world.

Another possible option is St. Raymond. We start from there when Shawinigan area is marginal.

http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showClubConditions?lg=fr&page=sen&cid=181

This web site is updated daily and conditions look pretty good .....their river crossing has a new high bridge on 23, so no swimming.

If you stay on the 40 toward Quebec city, then take the St.Raymond/ Pont rouge exit , it ends up being about 50 min. to an hour longer than Shawinigan.

You can stay at the Roquemont on 23 or, if your cheap like me the St. Alexis on 73.

Triggerhappy, sounds like youve caught a bad case of the Quebec riding disease. Welcome to my world.

Another possible option is St. Raymond. We start from there when Shawinigan area is marginal.

http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showClubConditions?lg=fr&page=sen&cid=181

This web site is updated daily and conditions look pretty good .....their river crossing has a new high bridge on 23, so no swimming.

If you stay on the 40 toward Quebec city, then take the St.Raymond/ Pont rouge exit , it ends up being about 50 min. to an hour longer than Shawinigan.

You can stay at the Roquemont on 23 or, if your cheap like me the St. Alexis on 73.

Thank you for that info! I will look into it now. I would like to get another ride in before I put the sleds away. Usually we have good snow here in NY where I am, but this year was a record breaking (in a terrible way) year. So travel I must.

Yeah try St Raymond

You can go up 23 one day to L'etape and 73 to Latuque another day. It took a beating here this week and near St Raymond I'm sure faired not much better. Once away from St Raymond it will be better. In the woods.

Or go to Mattawin

Chez Marineau you know where that is trigger.

Thanks iceman. Yes I do. Maybe I will do that. I see it is suppose to get colder for the next week with some snow possible. Are the rivers unrideable now? Are you going riding some where this weekend?

Thanks iceman. Yes I do. Maybe I will do that. I see it is suppose to get colder for the next week with some snow possible. Are the rivers unrideable now? Are you going riding some where this weekend?

I would not be going out on the river after the last week of weather here. Suicide.

Gaspe leaving tmmrw afternoon. Thru next week.