2015-2016 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

I guess I can give a weather report today. Lol. Around 20 degrees (f) and cloudy only a dusting yesterday. Met up with Iceman and did a great 265 mile loop yesterday. Thanks for a great ride! We are heading out for another ride before we head back to the states. Will give our ride reports then. I will say the owner of Drakkar is a great guy! Couldn't be more helpful or nicer. Will definitely stay here again.

Iceman just looking for a bit of info. Friends are planning on driving to Shawinigan this weekend and starting a loop and plan to take the shuttle to the south shore and riding east to the Gaspe and then back via Baie Comeau. With this weather we are having do you think this is doable in your area?

Andy

Iceman just looking for a bit of info. Friends are planning on driving to Shawinigan this weekend and starting a loop and plan to take the shuttle to the south shore and riding east to the Gaspe and then back via Baie Comeau. With this weather we are having do you think this is doable in your area?

Andy

Shuttle in Quebec City? Or Flatbed over bridge they do here in Trois Riveres?

Yes they can surely get to Quebec City if that is where and to the Pont Laviolette if they are crossing in Trois Riveres.

Now as far as trails south of river here after crossing Pont Laviolette really not sure.

Quebec City much better to cross there, but you saw what Jackstraw found over there the other day so gonna be a tough go to get to Montmagny and then to RDL

Also it was tough getting to ferry in Matane they said lots of asphalt.

Edited by iceman

Not good !! No way, no how would I take a sled out of that area unless it's on a trailer. It looked bleak from the truck on A20. We tried to saddlebag out of Thetford Mines to RDL. Cancelled that and trailered to RDL.

Thanks for the update SkippyDoo!

Feb 1

Now +6

Windy and rain is over

Damage is done however.

Temps expected to fall this afternoon.

So the freeze is coming.

We shall see.

More rain then snow on Wed will be a serious issue. If that is what happens.

Back home from Lake St Jean

0c

light flurries

Probably 3-4" snow since I been gone

Heavy layer of Ice.

Did not ride but trails looking pretty good from what we see at road crossings.

Feb 16

Report from the Mrs.

It's ugly in Shawinigan lots of rain this day.

iceman....

Do you know if the trails held up ok? Any back end snow after the rain. Planning to ride out of the Gouvernuer this weekend with the wife. Hoping the river still has snow cover...

Thanks