Fall Foliage Photo & Video Thread

ckf

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2016 at 5:14 PM, Saguenay Bill said:

Very nice.  I thought the reds and the other colors this year were the best that I've seen in the 14 years I've been in NH.

It was the best color that I can remember here in northern New England. 

Here's a great video Rob put together of the fall foliage in the NEK of Vermont. He gets very close to the church steeples when flying his drone.

I had no idea you could take videos like that with a drone.  I know I'm no wheres up on the new techknowledgey.  Hell I'm still using my Kodak Brownie to take pictures.  How much range do you have flying them?  By that I mean if you are standing in one spot how far can you control them.

25 minutes ago, Saguenay Bill said:

I had no idea you could take videos like that with a drone.  I know I'm no wheres up on the new techknowledgey.  Hell I'm still using my Kodak Brownie to take pictures.  How much range do you have flying them?  By that I mean if you are standing in one spot how far can you control them.

I can get 2 miles out of it if I have a clear line of sight. If thee are trees or other obstructions then it's about a mile.

16 minutes ago, dooright said:

The new DJI Mavic has a range of 7km (4.2 miles) .... That's a long ways !

I haven't watched a review yet to see if it does go that far. The problem with my Phantom 4 is that I loose the video feed before I loose control of the drone with the remote.