WHO DID THE BIG TRIP TO MANIC 5

grumpysanta

Interesting place this Gander, the airport there was built just as WWII was starting and ended up being pivotal because they could fly the new warplanes that were built in North America across to Europe which previously was impossible. They had to be sent on an aircraft carrier which took much longerP8082054.JPG

On 911 some 30 planes were forced to Land here some of them sitting on the tarmac for up to 24 hours before they were able to get off. The town doubled in population for 5 days and many people came from other communities to help feed and otherwise volunteer P8082090.JPG

19 hours ago, GT Rider said:

What a beautiful trip. Thanks for the photos.

What camera are you using?

Not sure on the camera GT Rider, my friend took all these pics I think it is an Olympus but it's just a pocket type. She definitely has an eye for a good shot though 

7 hours ago, viper2 said:

Not sure on the camera GT Rider, my friend took all these pics I think it is an Olympus but it's just a pocket type. She definitely has an eye for a good shot though 

I agree she has a great eye. I like the detail and color.

Thanks again for posting.