Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Forks pics JG....I remember seeing pics you posted In the past with water levels the same height as these, is that normal levels for this time of year?

It won't be much longer before you can enjoy a nice bottle of rouge at the camp, be patient.

Forks pics JG....I remember seeing pics you posted In the past with water levels the same height as these, is that normal levels for this time of year?

It won't be much longer before you can enjoy a nice bottle of rouge at the camp, be patient.

hi jg !!!

yaaa..normal ..but maybe late by a few days !!!

if memory is good..in 94, water almost jumped wall right under pumps by the big building!!

water level already lower by a few inches !!

wanted to go back toward camp..but light rain this afternoon.

im in hurry to go to camp..already late at least by a week end..maybe 2 .....

don t know if you have that expression in english...but...when patience came home...doors and windows were closed !!!..hahah

all pics...last friday !!!

jean-guy :drinks:

From the look of the river, spring thaw is well underway in the Gaspesie!!

hi smclelan !!!

about time !! was nt sure if summer was coming !!!

if you re up for a canoe ride ...we could do causapscal river pedal to the metal and jump the falls wide open in 5 th gear !!!

ahahhahah

on my way to try for my camp later this afternoon...lake frenette etc...

blue sky day ...15c !!

pics...covered bridge in heppell...on the 11th

attachicon.gifjgh16.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh17.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh18.jpg

hi smclelan !!!

about time !! was nt sure if summer was coming !!!

if you re up for a canoe ride ...we could do causapscal river pedal to the metal and jump the falls wide open in 5 th gear !!!

ahahhahah

on my way to try for my camp later this afternoon...lake frenette etc...

blue sky day ...15c !!

pics...covered bridge in heppell...on the 11th

Is that the bridge just outside of town? There is a funky statue beside it across the road?

hi trailblazer and smclelan!!

back around 9 pm from my ride !!!

well...tbk !!! i don t expect to drink rouge at my camp next week end !!!..ahahahha

it ll take a miracle !!! road still frozen at many places and up to 1.5' of snow at some places !!

tried by lake casault around 7 pm ...no luck..

saw 3 moose after taking pics with moon..the last one...

cold on my way back....

don t see much kayak around here j-g....only a few!!!

first pic on the other post bridge for shortcut about 1 mile to the left..mill a bit further.

the statue..its in memory for those who build bridge..1929 i think...maybe older..need to check....

boss came to see me this morning..told me to get in shape !!!

All ways great pic here jg

thx artsled !!!

always worth to take time and make the effort to take a few nice ones when you have a good camera!!

colder today and grey sky !!!

last pic...at the gathering ..riding off the trail...down that hill..hard right at the bottom and then.. little bridge..about 6 miles from camp!!!

jean-guy

Tons of awesome pics as usual. My fav is the sunset handlebars, with the runner up being the 2 moose under the hunter's stand.

hi playhard !!

thx !!!

after i shoveled to get unstuck....one moose was crossing road.....then about a minute later another one....pushed 4 w a few hundred feet and they were still there !!

i had seen 2 on top of hill ,20 mins before !!

its our ''traffic jam '' here in the gaspesie !! hahaha

just next to my 4w ,left side...they had found oil under ground there in 72 !!

might go riding again tonight !!

on the pics...stopped there for gas..before darkness....6 miles from camp ...but about 30 miles from home !!!

jean-guy

Nice pics JG, I guess if you want warm water to swim in you have to fill your bathtub EH?

hi jackstraw !!!

hahhah..absolutely right !!!way too cold !!...but 25c in the shade today and windy...might shake the ice at the lake !!

last year i think...late may or early june..there was a few '' tarzan ''..swimming in the lake !!no thx..not for me!!

at my camp july and august water still cold !!!

last pic with clear cut....the tall tree ..far right...my camp is half a mile in front!!

if you look closely...about mid pic..from left to right....'' light green '' area...thats the road for my camp..the last mile...logging road for la cache...roughly 4 miles in straight line to the right !!

the mountain on the right side too...right on the other side...stuck there tuesday...too much shade..hard for snow to melt..im going to try again late this afternoon ...

finally ...made it to camp !!! was there around 4 30 pm..then went to lake frenette...tried to connect with where i turned around last night...no luck...by 600' ...pics 23 and 24 ..turned around on top of hill last night...

turned around there...then a quick pit stop at orange camp for gas ...then back home!!

great ride ....very warm..27 c...and lots of water !!!

Congrats JG............now it's time celebrate

hi jg !!

thx !!

ooohh !! i won t forget !! there ll be redwood on table next friday !!!..ahaha

i guess there s no more ice on the lake right now...very windy and warm this morning..rain started 1 hr ago!!

ain t worth to go to lake tonight...my friends are all mtl canadiens fans !! so , i guess they all have the '' baboune '' !! hahhahaha

for translation ...look at therrien's face when not happy !!!

pic 4...camp ...half mile back !!!

Good to see you made it to the camp. Now that you have a set of tracks through the snow on the road it wont take long for the rest of it to melt. You have had a long enough vacation, time to start cutting up firewood!! LOL

Spring has been a long time coming to the Matepedia this year.

artsled....

i guess they are the pics you were talking about...must delete some time to time !!

smclelan....

i could go to my camp today with truck...but road still too muddy or frozen...don t want to damage it and endure big ruts all summer long!!

road is already rough since a few years...

might go riding today...but weather is nt safe right now !!!

jean-guy

Where are the spring time picsJg? You are slipping

hi artsled !!!

if you want more pics...send money for gas and tires !!! hahhahahahhaha...can t stop laughing !!

seriously, bad weather since last friday...lots of rain ...first ride yesterday since last friday or thursday!!...110 miles...did the last 30 in the rain !!

saw 5 moose...4 deer..25 + rabbits..many partridges and 1 porcupine !!

still some snow...roads are still frozen at many places...

i ll decide tomorrow...might spend my first week end at camp !!

pics with deer ...at the '' stump '' on my way up to lake !!!