Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

hi smclelan and phil !!!

yaaa...can find them in strange places...destroyed a nest of y / b last friday ...there was still a few today ...

saw a few yellow and red leaves sunday night while riding ....not too many ...

first pic...saturday morning i brought a garbage bag and made a load of that thing on birch tree....to fire my stove !!!!

cloudy here... 7 30 pm and already darkness.......

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi jg are the leaves turning yet?

hi artsled !!!

just a little bit...still very green for now!!!

around 15 c friday night...

went to lake last night...came back at 12 30 am ...cold...warmed up the camp...so, while waiting to be warmer...i had a cold one !!!

then , i realized i was low with firewood....took my flashlight and went outside in the shed to bring some more...

opened the patio..checked temp...8c...went down the stairs....just by hazard looked to the right....all black outside..

saw bit of '' white '' moving...then in a fraction of a second....loud noise and another bit of white and the shape of a back..

i had a moose about 35' on my right...just outside the '' light '' of camp...white parts were his legs...never saw the head...

my heart went to 18000 rpm for 2''....

first pic...lake casault

pic 2..on the right can see the last house going up to st alexandre...golf course on the left....about 3 miles..

last pic....i stand where the moose was last night...i was near stairs.

Wow winter coming fast my friend , maybe see snow by the end of the month?

i ve seen fleurries at the lake, back in 08...late sept ...

early 90's ...mid oct ...moose hunting ...13'' of snow !!!

0 c this morning !!!

jean-guy

Edited by groomer

Hi JG ,

Love the way you load the ATV up with wood .. true woodsman ! :drinks:

hi crazysnow !!!

thx for comment ...like to do that..i split the firewood about a 1/ 4 mile from camp..like when yard is clean !!!

don t try that at home...im a professional !!!!..ahahahahhaa... :drinks:

pic with crane...long hill east of ste marguerite is right behind...right to left!!!

the other one...looking toward ''stop '' sign at logging road...not too far behind...

Hi jg I would like you to get up early to get me some pics of frost in the morning ? 😄😄

Or snow 😄

hi artsled !!!

sorry for that...but there was frost yesterday morning at camp.......-3c....but when i woke up... ...my '' c p u '' was in bad shape !!! no mood to take pics...left camp to build a new treestand at 10 am..

95 miles of riding this week end...mom + kid last night...eagle on the logging road on my way back this morning !!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh2.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh3.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh4.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh5.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh6.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh7.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh8.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh9.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh10.jpg

hi artsled !!!

sorry for that...but there was frost yesterday morning at camp.......-3c....but when i woke up... ...my '' c p u '' was in bad shape !!! no mood to take pics...left camp to build a new treestand at 10 am..

95 miles of riding this week end...mom + kid last night...eagle on the logging road on my way back this morning !!!

jean-guy

Great pics as always jg :)

• 2 weeks later...

im late to post...

bad week end...bad monday and tuesday ...rainy ..windy and cold...

last week of work ....very bad season ender....

bow hunting next week end... don t expect to be there...must bring back 4w in town for repairs..

pics of mont albert with snow..last friday ...first one at the '' 16 miles '' on logging road..very long shot and second one near my camp at night while looking for moose...

pic with windmills...where i work ....long hill east of ste marguerite...just behind crane...right to left ...they installed...propeller....wings...fan ...whatever the name this morning

first pics with frost last friday or thursday ....- 2c this morning and probably colder where i work ...saw mom + calf again !!!

jean-guy

hi smclelan and artsled !!

great thx for comments !!

few pics from this week ....with crane where i work....maybe 1.5....2 miles away ...

little bull alone....yesterday morning ...

bull with mom this morning ...2 miles from where i work ...they harvested trees there a few years back ....now there s blueberries !!!......one lot on both side of road !!!

windmill pics with foliage....logging road '' stop sign ''....tq 5.....about 1 mile to the right

heavy traffic on logging road....crazy ...even at grocery....bow hunting tomorrow !!!

last tuesday on my way back from work ....when i left logging road and took the asphalted road to go back in town ...can see far away in the valley toward lac saumon ...or shortcut ...mill...

so,it was cold...very windy and rainy time to time ...big black clouds...

i could see kind of wall or rain coming from west side...with sunshine in the back...just awesome....enough to use that ''quebec word ''..

it was a national geographic front page pic....i should have returned with camera after i landed home...

on my way to camp soon to bring back 4w....

Edited by groomer

The windmills are changing the look of the Matepedia Valley.

hi smclelan !!

yaaa...for sure !!!

if at the right spot ...can see a lots.....l ascension....ste irene ...and somewhere west of matane !!!

bad weather for bow hunters...waaay too warm...20 c at 6 30 pm last night...

still hot this morning !!!

strange to wake up at home!!!

pic with farm...the one on the way up to lake....went to camp by lake casault...same road for falls !!!

jean-guy

hi gt rider and artsled !!!

thx for link !!!friend of mine work for hydro quebec...he did nt know exactly the numbers...cost for windmills...between 150 and 200 million $$$$...should be done by december!!!

they could save a few bucks....on my way to take pics...met 25-30 pick-up trucks....bosses-foreman and workers!!...all brand new trucks and one person by truck !!!

i guess they won t use my rusty one !!!!....ahhahaha !!!

i have nt meet operator / mechanic for club since last may or early june...i don t go to albertville during summer.....normally the mechanic can do everything by himself...he ll call me for help!!!

my skills are better for pics than mechanic...don t have the patience !!!

the only person i meet during summer is the waitress at grocery or drugstore!!! :tease:

met her yesterday morning !!!...i don t care about the mechanic....hahhahahha !!!

p-1... and few other ..at logging road stop sign and near by .....within 2 miles...off tq 5 !!!

p-7...the ones at the back...top of long hill ..ste marguerite !!!

p-9...logging road stop sign...just on the right of crane

p-10 ..long straight ste marguerite...in the middle...right to left

p-12...on the old tq 5...near by long straight ste marguerite...when i started grooming backk in 00!!!

p-15..long straight ste marguerite !!!

p-17..looking east before long hill ste marguerite !!!

p-18...first one you ll climbing long hill !!

p-19..logging road ..far left ..at the ''12 miles ''...the work right over orange the birches on far right..

p-20...patch of red...where i saw the moose last week...work 2 miles from there on the right!!

last pic...entering field in ste marguerite going westbound !!!

great weather for pics !!!

As usual JG, no matter the weather or date on the calendar, your photographs are amazing! They are always a true pleasure to look at. You live in an absolutely AMAZING PLACE, with amazing people who welcome us with open arms, and share your special corner of the world by treating us to the very best snowmobiling in the world, and we are so fortunate that you share it with us year round in all its glory! Thank you!!!!

Now how about a picture of that waitress?;-)