Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

Love pic #1. "Moonrise over Gaspesie".

thx tom !!!

this is something i should watch when im at my camp...

going into swamps when full moon or so ...might have a few good ones with all small trees and little lakes !!

...but at night..... different story going there with 4w !!!

jean-guy

well !!!

my 4w season ended in a fish tail !!!...there was a tree across the road... so i went on left side of road to see if i could ride between trees to detour the one across road..no luck...went on right side...saw there was an alder almost on the ground...went over ...but i did nt see the one coming from the side of 4w...that one entered right over a-arm and lost 4 x 4 !!!

stopped at that camp to check...saw that alder hit electric plugs along frame......shook them all ..no luck again...light for 4 x 4 was flashing...no choice to go back in town...

put 4w back on his wheels..about 500' later...booo-boooo...just like no more gas coming or out of air...as soon i was touching throttle...hard time to breathe...checked air filter...blew gas cap..tried to find gas filter....still booo-boooo... i was thinking about all kind of things...something like pressure problem...

checked those plastic plugs again...and discovered that 2 wires were cut....not enough room to work...but still had that problem...hard time breathing.....i

i was thinking ...maybe i should call gutz for info...no phone number...aaaahhh

then ..maybe i should try '' miller towing services '''...no ringing...i thought maybe, out of business or she does nt do business in quebec anynore..

time was flying ...so ,just like that...i thought..maybe i should had gas in the tank....filled the tank and vroooooom....back in business..but no 4 x 4 ...i went straight back home...left lake casault at 3 30 pm..

saw 1 moose on my way back and 6 deers before town..

like jg signature...4w in the gaspesie...always an adventure !!!

i ve been careful not to use those quebec words while looking at the problem !!!...hhahahha

jean-guy :drinks:

Jean-guy!! The things you get yourself into!! Did you have your helmet on?? It's too far and too cold for this!!

PS what is an 'alder'?

Glad you're safely home!

Linda

Jean-guy!! The things you get yourself into!! Did you have your helmet on?? It's too far and too cold for this!!

PS what is an 'alder'?

Glad you're safely home!

Linda

good morning !!!!

not that bad !!! i ve seen worse !!..and not too cold... about 0 c !!!

yaaa...helmet was on !!! i was about 4 miles from cottages at lake casault and 12 miles from gas station where i park groomer !!!

around 3 pm i started to think if i should walk or keep trying to start 4w!!!

but i learned something....for what i do with my 4w.....i ll never buy a 2 x 2.....good enough to bring garbage in the drive way !!!

on my way back ...rear wheels were spinning all the time !!!

snowing right now ...big snow flakes...but just a bit under 0c !!!

jean-guy

linda.....

alders...those bad trees growing where there s water near by or lots of humidity !!!

aulnes in french !!!

look on my post from yesterday...pic 11....right in straight line with from wheel...you can see one with a bit of white...scratch...thats the one who went over a-arm !!!

at my camp.....back in the old days....trees have been cut along brook.....and about 7-8 miles higher..there was a little dam...so ...in the spring time they were opening the dam to float woods.....brook connect with causapscal river...

thats why there s tons of alders along brook...

that dirty trail on the other side of brook at camp...it was for lumberjacks and horses.....roughly 3 miles up that trail...there was a wagon to put behind a horse !!!

walked that trail often back in the 70's and 80's !!!

jean-guy

hi jackstraw and pipeman !!!

water sport ....tube...life vest ????

like i say here...you guys watch too much tv !!!! time for you to travel and upgrade your personal knowledges !!!...hahahahhah

snowing heavy most of the time since this morning .....but too warm before diner.....better now...street turned white !!!

better in ste marguerite

-3c right now ...windy a bit !!!

hi all !!!

artsled ....

ive seen that link a few times !!

gt rider ...

thx.....gaspesie is at the end of the world...maybe national geographic don t know where it is yet...might have hard times to find me...hahahaha..

phil...

thx....yaaa maybe cold ...but not that deep...summer time after a few sunny days in a row...water level can drop very fast..not too funny for salmons.....high right now !!

pics....few '' gaspesian diamonds '''....hahhahha

Hi Jean-Guy!!

These are fabulous pictures!

Great to see things are freezing up for the arrival of my favourite season! It sure looks cold and blue!

Linda

Hi Jean-Guy!!

These are fabulous pictures!

Great to see things are freezing up for the arrival of my favourite season! It sure looks cold and blue!

Linda

good morning !!!

great thx !!!

-8 c this morning...coldest so far !!!

on my way to albertville shortly !!!!

few old 35 mm pics...

pic 1 ...same spot than other bridge over river....( 2 posts ago )....back in the 80's

pic 2...at the 16 miles.....castor was at the 17...1 mile back ..and road was cut...a quarter mile in front of truck !!!

pic 3...few miles off 90 km on logging road....up the hills....same side than that orange trail coming from carleton !!! trail 595 ...on top of clear cuts on top of pic !!!!......la cache at the 120 km !!!!

jean-guy

You need my #?

GutZ

hi gutz !!!

hahhahah...only joking !!!

while looking for the trouble on my 4w last week ....your name came to mind as a mechanic..looks like you have more skills than me !!!

jean-guy

JG...I am still fishing! But look forward to the snowmobiling !

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

still fishing?????

hahhaha....better hurry up to come back to shore....look behind your shoulder.....water started to freeze !!!

saw your pic 2 days ago i think...so , i made an imitation of you while hiking along river !!! i was just waiting the right occasion to post it !!!

well , not too happy right now....i was looking for pics a few mins ago....looks like i lost all my pics since i bought that laptop...only pics from my hike along river are left in the file !!!!...)(*&?%$/ !!!!....<<<<<<....use your imagination !!!...hhahahhaha

jean-guy

Spectacular Jean-guy! The light, so great! Good work!

bonsoir !!

thx !!!

the last 4 pics..it was almost darkness...not much room to work...left the little falls with boots all wet!!

a bit too much white...i would like more contrast ...brook was high and water drops were landing on my lens..cleaned often !!

if you re not too busy next week ...found work for you ...could come and volunteer to split some woods !!!

there s 5 rows like that... about 500' long !!! hahhhaa

jean-guy