Pics from the Matapedia Valley !!!

groomer

I call those little guys "Trail Chickens!" Sorry to say, they're slow movers, and over the years I've sent a few of our feathered friends to the coop up in the sky.

I call those little guys "Trail Chickens!" Sorry to say, they're slow movers, and over the years I've sent a few of our feathered friends to the coop up in the sky.

hi playhard !!!

long time no see !!!

yaaa...slow movers !!! few close calls in the last 2 weeks...hard to see them sometimes while riding ....one flew for about 60' just next

to my right shoulder and a few crossed right in front of my nose...close enough to feel air displacement !!! i crushed a few while grooming ..

they hide under the snow and i can t see them...just can see the feather after they re kaputtt !!!

pics...back in dec 06 while looking for moose....don t know what kind of bird is that ....legs and head moved before he died... no

tracks of predator...

no riding since 3 days...light snow right now...not sticking...ground is too wet !!!.....-2c !!!

jean-guy

Great"! Are you hunting this year?

no moose hunting for me since the late 90' s !!!

still go to moose hunting ...but only as a '' tourist '' or to help friends ...but since 5-6 years im losing interest !!!last year and this year ,

i spent only 3 days during hunt....no more clear cuts...trees are too tall and not much patience to look only at the road !!!

my friends are '' office workers '' so ,during weekend ...from may to sept ,they don t have much interest to get dirty to prepare their hunt

they don t have much skills with chainsaws !! hahhahhaa

jean-guy

post-1509-0-79073500-1447991078_thumb.jpg

The phone booth was a great photo....I was waiting for superman aka Jean Guy to step out after changing from logger to groomer to save the trails.....Great images....Thank you..

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Phone booth pic

Pretty funny seeing one of those and seeing it in the woods ha ha ha......a real blast from the past.

Nice work on the photography JG, love seeing how the season changes in your shots.

Keep up the good work it inspires all of us.

Jean-Guy...I see that soon there will be a baby at the Orange Camp!! It will give you something new to photograph! Lol

hi all !!!

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...i ll have to wait to switch to groomer.....heavy rain earlier this morning .....still raining lightly...3 c

saw a pic at the end of main st in ste marguerite...road is all ice !!!

i know the guy who puts phone booth there......the closest spot from his camp...about 2.5 miles away , to make phone calls !!! the telephone still inside !!!

lsg...yaaa heard about that ...sorry , not my kind of pic !!!

jean-guy

Watch out for ice on the four wheeler!,!!!

hi artsled !!!

always watch ...specially when i ride the last 15-20 miles in the darkness....daylight ...no problem

- 8c this morning ...sunny with few clouds...snowed a little earlier this morning ...about 1 inch in my street !!!

jean-guy

Always wear a helmet ? I heard lots of story's of accidents and the driver not wearing a helmet ! Not good story. Hope snow come soon!

at this time of year ...ya i wear a helmet !!!

bit of frost coming down river for the first time.....-10c this morning...warmer in the afternoon !!!

just back from grocery...talked with a guy working on duniere reserve...24 miles east of town and up ....6 '' of snow there !!

here in town ...more green than white !!!

jean-guy

Hi jg hope you had a good thanksgiving 11/12/15 :drinks::good:

i guess it has been a good one....i was at my camp !!!

big snow clouds this morning...2'' of snow up the hills !!!

saw pics...some are riding north of sept iles !!!

colder since friday night...- 7 c this morning !!!

jean-guy

Looks,like a little dust today!

hi artsled !!!

snowing lightly on my way up there yesterday !!!

-12c earlier this morning...sunny !!!

volunteering this afternoon just outside town , with thinning saw and chainsaw...cleaning st alexandre trail ..for a mile !!!

jean-guy

attachicon.gifjgh1.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh2.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh3.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh4.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh5.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh6.jpg

attachicon.gifjgh7.jpg

hi all !!!

60 miles ride this afternoon !!!

main roads on ice !!!

jean-guy

Where is the new bridge going in?

I always marvel at the way Quebec and Ontario tackle "Recreation Trail" improvements! First Class!!

Where is the new bridge going in?

I always marvel at the way Quebec and Ontario tackle "Recreation Trail" improvements! First Class!!

hi vt blu !!!

new bridge is about 7-8 miles from my camp !!! small one....they are going to build another one ( bigger ) about 10-12 miles from there...they already started to demolish !!

back in the old days.....both bridges were used for the faribault trail ...98-99 i think !!!

we used that bridge at the gathering to go to my camp back in 2012 !!!

jean-guy