iceman

Border Crossing Pool

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cnc said:

Well one difference here in Canada From what I can see, our politicians for the most part are listening to the medical experts not contradicting / ignoring them. DR Arruda, Québec’s chief public health officer has said from the beginning on this reopening, We will pull back if the numbers start going the wrong way. 

If you guys really have it down to 1 percent and can beat this thing, you will ride this winter. I do not think it is even remotely possible for us to get there, just Canadians riding this year, almost certain of that unless there is a very fast and reliable test with a vaccine, by November. Canada would have to be crazy to open the border any other way. It is starting to look like we should get the gas out of our sleds unless you plan on riding state side. There will be a lot of traffic and less trails and less grooming, and who knows if there will be good snow, you can almost always count on that in Canada...but not here. My black lab is going to be very happy with all the time we will spend in the woods this fall and winter. I will most likely sit this one out if the border stays closed, going to hurt, will be the 1st time since 1966, but the deer and pheasants are going to be in trouble!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our only hope is Canada opens the border to residents of states with very low Covid numbers.

I haven't missed a season yet since 1965. I will ride Maine if that is what it takes to get some sledding in. I expect Maine to be very crowded with sleds if the border does not open.

There is some slightly good news should I get stuck in Maine. I ride a 900 ACE in Quebec for its dependability in that some days I ride solo and put on high mileage. . I am due for a new sled this year. If I have to ride Maine this year, I can spice it up. I have for the past few years wanted to own one more performance sled, a little trail burner, before I get too old. Maine riding will be less mileage and more probably rarely riding solo. There may be a Polaris Matryx  650 on the horizon.  Zoom Zoom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

If you guys really have it down to 1 percent and can beat this thing, you will ride this winter. I do not think it is even remotely possible for us to get there, just Canadians riding this year, almost certain of that unless there is a very fast and reliable test with a vaccine, by November. Canada would have to be crazy to open the border any other way. It is starting to look like we should get the gas out of our sleds unless you plan on riding state side. There will be a lot of traffic and less trails and less grooming, and who knows if there will be good snow, you can almost always count on that in Canada...but not here. My black lab is going to be very happy with all the time we will spend in the woods this fall and winter. I will most likely sit this one out if the border stays closed, going to hurt, will be the 1st time since 1966, but the deer and pheasants are going to be in trouble!!

All I can say is be positive and Be responsible,  but the most important thing is be safe. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, smclelan said:

Here is what is going on in Canada for: Confirmed cases, recovered, and deaths

 

Screenshot_20200711-140535_Google.thumb.jpg.607e55c7d71857f014e53dfbc4395126.jpg

8% death rate, of those tested, probably much lower if everyone gets a test, and these are numbers from a country that really is trying hard to do the right thing...you can easily see why the states have so many cases, people are not even trying...and in the big picture of reality, only a very small number have actually been tested. Percentage wise the death rate in the states is probably much lower than Canada, not that it matters....still have to fix this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

8% death rate, of those tested, probably much lower if everyone gets a test, and these are numbers from a country that really is trying hard to do the right thing...you can easily see why the states have so many cases, people are not even trying...and in the big picture of reality, only a very small number have actually been tested. Percentage wise the death rate in the states is probably much lower than Canada, not that it matters....still have to fix this problem.

A large portion of those death rates in Ontario and Quebec comes from the senior nursing homes. The virus got into a number of them and the staffs was ill equipped to deal with it. Couple that with old age and underlying heath issues of the residents and it was devastating. Poor souls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Cnc said:

A large portion of those death rates in Ontario and Quebec comes from the senior nursing homes. The virus got into a number of them and the staffs was ill equipped to deal with it. Couple that with old age and underlying heath issues of the residents and it was devastating. Poor souls.

Very same story in Massachusetts, more than 50% of all the cases were in nursing homes, a real indicator of how many people had or has it right now, with zero systems and is passing it around. The old folks immune systems have nothing left to fight it, very sad, and no one could go to visit for months, even to say good bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Very same story in Massachusetts, more than 50% of all the cases were in nursing homes, a real indicator of how many people had or has it right now, with zero systems and is passing it around. The old folks immune systems have nothing left to fight it, very sad, and no one could go to visit for months, even to say good bye.

Very sad. Two people I know lost their mums to this very situation a week apart in different senior residences.  As the already under staffed places lost more care givers when they tested positive, the army was finally called in Here in QC to care for the seniors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2020 at 11:41 AM, Shore1066 said:

Just a question for the Canadian members. Do you get any data on deaths from this virus?  I feel we on the states side don't get true numbers. It seem here the more positive cases the happier our elected people are...I don't trust our government officials especial in a election year,.

#1) Hoping to hear the Mrs. is well despite testing positive.

#2) We can't get "true numbers" on deaths when there's no separation between souls dying "with it" vs "from it".

Wishing everyone well, & distance, & washed hands n stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect they won't open the borders till after Labour Day. This will greatly reduce the amount of people traveling between borders. If it carries on longer than that,  I wouldn't recommend any of you Americans buying the Early Quebec Pass because they won't open till there is a Vaccine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Yes we want to go riding and half of Canada wants to go south for the winter

Swapsies!  Quid pro quo!

Tit for tat!  (What the heck is tat?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Yes we want to go riding and half of Canada wants to go south for the winter, we both have useless pass ports at the moment!!

Well maybe we can trade, but please keep the snow birds down there, And don’t let them come back! That’s how we got in trouble with the virus Here in QC and Ont when they came back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cnc said:

Well maybe we can trade, but please keep the snow birds down there, And don’t let them come back! That’s how we got in trouble with the virus Here in QC and Ont when they came back. 

When I was at the border on the last day , a couple of hours before it closed in late March, there were 6 cars going back to the States and going North into Canada, there were 4 lanes a hundred deep, mostly motor rv's  towing boats and small cars, and 5th wheel rigs. It really looked like they had so many people trying to beat the deadline they just could not check anyone. I was thinking while I waited and watched, what a huge problem this was going to be. It is still a problem here, all these large numbers of beach and bar goers and protesters spreading it around like Halloween candy . I have no idea how this is going to get under control with out a vaccine, on the weekend the beaches around Boston were absolutely packed , people on top of each other, and we all know that this is so dangerous, but some people just do what they want to do, playing the odds or just do not care. They just announced today that the Sturgis Harley rally  is on for early August, 7 to 800k expected to attend this annual party, what could possibly go wrong??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

When I was at the border on the last day , a couple of hours before it closed in late March, there were 6 cars going back to the States and going North into Canada, there were 4 lanes a hundred deep, mostly motor rv's  towing boats and small cars, and 5th wheel rigs. It really looked like they had so many people trying to beat the deadline they just could not check anyone. I was thinking while I waited and watched, what a huge problem this was going to be. It is still a problem here, all these large numbers of beach and bar goers and protesters spreading it around like Halloween candy . I have no idea how this is going to get under control with out a vaccine, on the weekend the beaches around Boston were absolutely packed , people on top of each other, and we all know that this is so dangerous, but some people just do what they want to do, playing the odds or just do not care. They just announced today that the Sturgis Harley rally  is on for early August, 7 to 800k expected to attend this annual party, what could possibly go wrong??

Yes and I’m betting most of those people coming back who were told to self quarantine didn’t. In fact many were coming back unexpectedly early and had left little food supplies behind in their homes, so instead of going directly home As they were told they went grocery shopping. 
Really don’t know where it ends but it is scary to think the success of getting control and keeping a lid on this virus lies in the hands of those who don’t care or feel their individual rights are more important than conquering this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on fake registrations for the sleds, just in case there are any hidden cameras put up by the Border Patrol. This will be a professionally run illegal operation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.