Typical Mont Valin - December

Signfan

Not looking for a forecast for conditions in 2 weeks, but what does everyone typically see for open trails at Mont Valin in the first couple weeks of December.  In a typical year can you ride all the way south to Tadoussac and Les Escoumins?  How far north can you typically get?  Is the grooming on par, or still a touch spotty?  Not really familiar with the terrain, so just curious on where the snow falls and where its less plentiful.  I'm sure elevation plays a big part in this.

We go every year 1st or 2nd week of Dec. Grooming is just starting and trails are traffic dependent, DO NOT go on weekends, repeat, DO NOT go on weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some years you can get to Pelchat and Sacre Cour, some years no. Some years you can get to Onatchaway, some you can get to Mt Valain, all depending on how much early snow. Never have been able to get to far below grooming shack on the mountain. Always fun, but DO NOT go on the weekends, we did it years ago and 10 minutes after the groomer goes thru you would think they had not groomed it this year. Every wanna be snocross racer is there because its the first place with snow. I will miss not going this year, hope we can get to go by late season, but I dont think it will happen this year.

Weekends or in 2 weeks, myself I dread passing through that section of 93 from St Honroe to Valinouet and up to KM31 and on to Chapelle. Always hit or miss. Yes very beautiful blah, blah, lots of snow, (lots of snow is not always a good thing as trail never sets up) but too Many crazies riding above their talent level on those “world class” super wide trails.  Only good thing, is the general public riding right up the middle of those wide trails leave lots of room to pass them on the right. 

Love 93 to Sacre Couer when its nice. Pel Chat also when its not a donkey path. 

Bras Louis was great now too much traffic tears it up. 

To Onitchaway I like that, but much better further past the relais in the direction of St Ludger and on to 373. 

To each their own for sure. But for ME if it was ride Valin or not ride? I am not “putting on my Snowmobile”. 

On 9/26/2020 at 8:55 AM, iceman said:

much better further past the relais in the direction of St Ludger and on to 373.

Mmm 373...

Looks like iMoto's got it designated right to Vince's, is that new?

McLuvin LSJ N/NW. Anybody know about this place ...

CHALET ET LOFT - FERME FORESTIÈRE OUASIEMSCA
Snowmobilers are ready and book now your "lunch-dinner" package. Enjoy the proximity of our facilities (1.5km from Trans Québec 93) and the comfort of our two fully equipped tourist residences.

2020, rang du Rapide Girardville
1-418-258-1120
marionfournier2020@gmail.com