Border Crossing Pool

iceman

11 hours ago, Snappy Hank said:

watch what happens to the stock market and other things.

Take those interest free loans and pour it into stock in Pampers & Similac!  Baby Boom's a comin'!

11 hours ago, Snappy Hank said:

He will become untouchable at election time.

833924160_ForWhat!.jpg.6c56c6763c097fde8d05b41beae6d3a7.jpg

Denzel!.jpeg.29e0dca6a57b6a8258fa8ed58f76e9da.jpeg

Swiss!_edit.thumb.jpg.1a58f002e2e9760a65bd4c416efeedd0.jpg

I’m been trying to be optimistic but I’m been thinking about the economy and physical health of people of both countries and I don’t worry has much about the R word anymore as I do as the D word - Depression. I’m not talking watching news for sensationalism either. It’s just common sense. A lot of people are out of work .

It’s going to take testing , and tracing and self distancing and a vaccine to get this all under control and we don’t know how long this is going to take but it needs to be done!

The scary reality is none of us has ever lived through a time like this . We have never seen unemployment like this! We’ve never seen across the board businesses shut downs like this . Unfortunately our countries though both have manufacturing are big service related industry countries. We like our standard of living and in order to do that we have all become use to buying foreign made products. It’s going to take a while to get our economy up and going again (I really hope not) but people are going to be scared for a while to walk back in to restaurants, stores and such. Fly on an plane! (95% of all flights are grounded , unheard of) . I’m glad to see what the governments have done has far as aid ( loans , deferrals , grants , one time payments)is concerned . Still bills have to be paid ( I still had to pay my hydro and propane bill yesterday they didn’t stop coming) mortgages , car payments . We know people are going to be slow to pay in our business because the industry that pays them to pay us is shut down. I was hoping for that V recovery. Now they are talking a U shaped recovery .I just hope that all of us and our families are safe and sound and can come out of this in the best shape that we can.

Edited by snowfarmer

14 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Hank, I own a tire store and an import repair shop. We repair European and Asian vehicles and maintain  a fleet of Mercedes vans for a school bus / tour company. This is the start of 48 years.

Hope you and your staff are safe. It must be very difficult working under this situation. I ride all winter out of LECABANON and enjoy following your adventures with SNOWMASTER CHRIS. He always stops by my table for a visit. Where are you in Massachusetts? I’m just across the state line from you in Hudson Falls, NY. 

Hank

2 hours ago, snowfarmer said:

restaurants, stores and such. Fly on an plane

Thanks for that. No joke.

17 Million Americans filed for unemployment benefits in the past 4 weeks.

1.3 Million American families can't visit their elderly in nursing homes (if there are families who care), other than the lucky few who can blow kisses from the parking lots. 

28,000+ American families unable to go to their loved one's funerals. 

Unknown millions who've never been to a restaurant or flown on a plane (or sledded Quebec?) ever in their lives. Plus the more fortunate who have enjoyed "the finer things in life", all locked down with their out of work, angry, depressed, dangerous (abusive?)...

Super-important to have faith! In any form that works for folks!

(Sorry for the American-centric stats, no offense intended to our brothers & sisters across the border and across the pond)

6 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Please pardon my DUH here: What the heck's the R word?!

Sorry after I read my post I thought this could me taken a couple of ways 

R as in Recession and D as in Depression. Both Depression of of mind and economics for me I guess.

The best move would be to shut down the news media. Definitely not essential.

just there to sensationalize and scare people.

check what’s happening in Michigan, that will spread faster than this virus soon.

You can certainly tune into the station that says what you want to hear, this is not the right time for that...I just want to hear the facts, reality, what is really happening on the ground, so I can make the right decisions moving forward.

7 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:
11 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

US,  the country with the highest number of C-19 cases in the world.

10 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

For sure I'd rather be that country, vs living in a country that's grossly under-reporting. 

Nobody wants to move to another country, and the full context of my statement was Canada may not want to open their border  to US citizens due to our large number of C-19 cases.

mike

10-4 Mike! Got the context! No worries between honest countries. Totally smart to flatten the curve for now. And not give "extra" work to the front-line caregiver heroes. 

On a lighter note!...

It's finally flip-flop season!

1048570825_SocialFlip-Flopping!.jpeg.587a9556d7c0ef49591491891bb7a603.jpeg

17 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

10-4 Mike! Got the context! No worries between honest countries. Totally smart to flatten the curve for now. And not give "extra" work to the front-line caregiver heroes. 

On a lighter note!...

It's finally flip-flop season!

1048570825_SocialFlip-Flopping!.jpeg.587a9556d7c0ef49591491891bb7a603.jpeg

You need longer toes, maybe get some implant to go with your leg?

From a Canadian point of view and as the state of this pandemic changes, I don’t see why rushing to opening the border to the general public is so important other than providing a false sense of normalcy. After all the commercial traffic is passing and has all through this. Most of the tourist attractions, festivals, Grand Prix, concerts, and the list goes on are cancelled in Canada and at the moment hotel and motels are closed. Further to this many parts of Quebec are off limits to people in other regions to limit the spread as some of the small communities have little to no cases. I live in one of those communities and can not travel far due to restrictions. 
So, I have two questions for you guys since you are mostly Americans, what you all going to do up here if they open the borders up anytime soon? And looking at the  covid 19 figures below of the US versus Canada would you be anxious if you we’re Canadian or a Canadian politician to open up too early? 

541CEB55-1025-425B-B2B5-F28E2C166AF8.png

Edited by Cnc

2 hours ago, Cnc said:

From a Canadian point of view and as the state of this pandemic changes, I don’t see why rushing to opening the border to the general public is so important other than providing a false sense of normalcy. After all the commercial traffic is passing and has all through this. Most of the tourist attractions, festivals, Grand Prix, concerts, and the list goes on are cancelled in Canada and at the moment hotel and motels are closed. Further to this many parts of Quebec are off limits to people in other regions to limit the spread as some of the small communities have little to no cases. I live in one of those communities and can not travel far due to restrictions. 
So, I have two questions for you guys since you are mostly Americans, what you all going to do up here if they open the borders up anytime soon? And looking at the  covid 19 figures below of the US versus Canada would you be anxious if you we’re Canadian or a Canadian politician to open up too early? 

541CEB55-1025-425B-B2B5-F28E2C166AF8.png

It looks like Canada is doing a fantastic job and I hope the case trend continues to go down quickly for them and every other country. Just to put it in perspective though keep in mind California has more people living there than all of Canada does.