Auberge de Meckinac

Kel

Looking for any info on trails from Auberge de Meckinac to Roberval. Hoping to go Friday.

Thanks

Kel

Trails barely have snow here to La Tuque. Lake Edouard to Lake St-Jean, all I have talked to this week said it's nice.

Snow/Rain on the forecast tonight for the next 4 days. I hope it will be snow.

I'll post everyday if snow comes down.

Richard

Auberge Mekinac

819-646-5735

Trails barely have snow here to La Tuque. Lake Edouard to Lake St-Jean, all I have talked to this week said it's nice.

Richard

Auberge Mekinac

819-646-5735

Richard,

I was going to call you Wed night for some updates. Looks like the forecast I saw says heavy snow by Friday. I hope this is true. If that is the case we will be looking to come up on Saturday.

Talk to you soon,

Kel

Richard,

I was going to call you Wed night for some updates. Looks like the forecast I saw says heavy snow by Friday. I hope this is true. If that is the case we will be looking to come up on Saturday.

Talk to you soon,

Kel

I came down the pipeline from La Tuque on Sunday and it was freshly groomed. Almost everything from La tuque to Shawinigan was freashly groomed. Most of 355 was great. Some parts of 355 south were very thin. I heard that the trail was great from Relias 22 to Roberval. I think anything North of La Tuque has decent snow. Most of the trails in Canada right now are better than anything we have in NY. (even after this snowstorm!)

I came down the pipeline from La Tuque on Sunday and it was freshly groomed. Almost everything from La tuque to Shawinigan was freashly groomed. Most of 355 was great. Some parts of 355 south were very thin. I heard that the trail was great from Relias 22 to Roberval. I think anything North of La Tuque has decent snow. Most of the trails in Canada right now are better than anything we have in NY. (even after this snowstorm!)

Light snow last night (maybe 1 inch) and still snowing right now...

Auberge Mekinac

Richard

Light snow last night (maybe 1 inch) and still snowing right now...

Auberge Mekinac

Richard

thanks for the update richard.iam hoping to come up 3/4 for a few days to make a loop

depending on where the conditions allow.please keep us posted.

thanks,SPM

Edited by SPM

thanks for the update richard.iam hoping to come up 3/4 for a few days to make a loop

depending on where the conditions allow.please keep us posted.

thanks,SPM

About 8 inches have come down, heavy snow. Power lines have broken in the area, lost electrical power for 16 hours. It gives you an idea of what is in the trails. Trees etc... Those that stopped yesterday were all wet. I talked to the club this morning and they said they won't groom until it gets colder because the snow is going to pile up behind the machine.

Here's the link for the forecast.

http://www.meteomedia.com/weather/caqc0661...epage_savedcity

Richard

About 8 inches have come down, heavy snow. Power lines have broken in the area, lost electrical power for 16 hours. It gives you an idea of what is in the trails. Trees etc... Those that stopped yesterday were all wet. I talked to the club this morning and they said they won't groom until it gets colder because the snow is going to pile up behind the machine.

Here's the link for the forecast.

http://www.meteomedia.com/weather/caqc0661...epage_savedcity

Richard

Richard - thanks for the update. I am planning on coming up Thursday to do a loop. You have any rooms? Please keep us updated.

Bob

Richard

Auberge Mekinac

819-646-5735

Richard, any updates?

Which direction did you come from? We where hoping to Launcn from there on Tues out towards Repos, up to parent, chiboougamou back down the 355 any info would be great!

came down from lac eduard. pipe line is fine, more snow then when we left on tuesday out of grandmere. If I were you i would leave from north end of river go to lac eduard to jacksplace, take private trail over towards relay 22 then north, then local trail towards st felician to chibougamou. heard plowed road around wymotchie for along distance. Now you have to realize I rode out of st raymond on sat when most wouldn't

came down from lac eduard. pipe line is fine, more snow then when we left on tuesday out of grandmere. If I were you i would leave from north end of river go to lac eduard to jacksplace, take private trail over towards relay 22 then north, then local trail towards st felician to chibougamou. heard plowed road around wymotchie for along distance. Now you have to realize I rode out of st raymond on sat when most wouldn't

yes , plowed road at the top of 369 east headed to wymotchie. this was sat 2/27

Hi dooright, I did see plowed road on 369. But only on the southern section between the split for Lac du repos up to lac a chateauverte. I thought from Kanwata north through Casey and on to Weymontachie was good. The groomer from Casey did have a break down last wed. morning. I gave the operator and his two little dogs a ride back to Casey.

Any updates Richard? I was hoping to head up Thursday night if possible.

Thanks,

Bob

I spoke to Richard this morning, he said they got about a foot of snow and all the trees have been cleared, he was going to check on the grooming status, I'm going to call him later. 5 of us are leaving our trucks there tomorrow and headed to Repos in the afternoon then on to Val dor and either Chibougamu or South through Joncas. he only has a few rooms left for the weekend cause there's a party of some sort going on Sat. We'll be back to Richards Sat. night if all goes well. :drinks:

I spoke to Richard this morning, he said they got about a foot of snow and all the trees have been cleared, he was going to check on the grooming status, I'm going to call him later. 5 of us are leaving our trucks there tomorrow and headed to Repos in the afternoon then on to Val dor and either Chibougamu or South through Joncas. he only has a few rooms left for the weekend cause there's a party of some sort going on Sat. We'll be back to Richards Sat. night if all goes well. :drinks:

Thanks Jackstraw - We are looking to headed towards Roberval if possible. Also just looking to park the truck and saddlebag it.

Thanks Jackstraw - We are looking to headed towards Roberval if possible. Also just looking to park the truck and saddlebag it.

Richard and update on conditions? I would like to come up for one last rip next weekend.

Bob