Lac Faillon

iceman

No restaurant but prepared meals to buy.

L'HIVER AU FAILLON!

➡This week's snow makes us happy and snowmobile enthusiasts too. 😜 We're ready to welcome you.

Our hostel is accessible with bar service and ready-to-eat meals prepared on site (many choices available). We also offer good hot soup, in a warm atmosphere with a fireplace, which will warm you up after your hike.

➡We also offer continental breakfasts to our visitors who sleep at the inn.

➡You can also fill up with our petrol station.

There are activities for all tastes to do with us. 🤩

❄️ SNOWMOBILING ❄️ TUBING ❄️ SNOWSHOEING

❄️ HIKING ❄️ SKIING FOND❄️ ICE FISHING

📲We invite you to contact us in advance to inform us of your arrival.  We look forward to welcoming you 🙂

Patrick and Mélanie

IMG_0962.jpeg

Love Faillon, great place but not having a chef on staff anymore really cuts down my desire to spend the night.  The new owners are great and the view from the rooms upstairs is hard to beat in the morning.  I just don’t think cereal and toast is enough for my stomach to make the next stop 100 miles east.  The last time we spent the night there I eat one of the best bavette steak dinners I have ever had.  I hope they decide to go back to the chef on site plan.  I have a hard time believing they can’t afford it when I see new chalets all along the beach.  

1 hour ago, Je me souviens said:

not having a chef on staff anymore really cuts down my desire to spend the night.

Exactly what I thought when I read the post above. Lac Faillon used to be a place our group looked forward to staying at. Tough to keep good employees in seasonal businesses.

Agreed to all the above. Been going to lac Faillon for decades. Saw it change ownership at least 2 times. Great stop in a much needed location. Last year was the first time we stayed without a chef. Not a big fan. Frozen dinners & lousy breakfast doesn’t work well for me. I still would stay there again because of the location. Pierre (Peter) ran it for years then sold to his brother Francois in 2016 who sold it to Patrick in 2018. Sure miss petting Gastone the dog lying in front of the fireplace. Great memories made at lac Faillon. 

Edited by Florida Snowman

3 hours ago, iceman said:

Agree with everyone

sadly gas and go 

no chef(resto) no staying there unless no choice.

sad

Agree 100%.  Stayed last year with frozen dinners, and the bar closed early.  Gas and go till things change.