TQ3 Quebec City

iceman

The club not happy with the FCMQ

Here is Le Petit Sentier's response to the FCMQ DG's letter of thanks following the opening of the trails

Hello Mr. Desroches

The team of volunteers at Le Petit Sentier snowmobile club in St-Émile would like to thank you for your kind words.

However, we would like to share with you and all our members a more-than-critical situation concerning the survival of Trans-Québec Trail #3 and Regional Trail #304, which are located on our territory (a total of 30 km of trails).

With the New Club Funding System (NSFC), your organization (FCMQ) has cut our operating budget by more than 50% (+/- $70,000), which means that our budget for safely opening and maintaining our trails is in jeopardy. As good managers, we will continue our efforts to reduce our operating costs, bearing in mind that our control over certain expenses, such as municipal taxes, insurance, etc., is more than limited.

If, in the near future, the FCMQ does not change the funding parameters included in the NSFC, our club will no longer have the financial capacity to open and maintain our 30 km of trails safely. We will be obliged to ask the FCMQ to transfer the management of our territory to one or more clubs.

We hope that this 30-km stretch of trail, located in an urban environment and giving the people of Quebec City (St-Émile, Wendake, Charlesbourg and Stoneham sectors) direct access to the FCMQ's unique trail network, will be as important to you as it is to all of us (the valiant team of volunteers, all our members and members of neighbouring clubs - Sapin d'Or, AMAP and CMJC); And let's not forget all the snowmobilers who make an obligatory stopover with us to gain access to the Charlevoix, L'Étape and/or Portneuf sectors.  As mentioned by our club at the last FCMQ convention in September, the survival of the Trans-Québec #3 trail in the Québec City area is currently in jeopardy.

Have a good season!

2 minutes ago, markusvt said:

Lots of locals not happy with FCMQ this year.

Seems their new funding structure is not loved by all, 

it is hard to follow the money. I think its on purpose. 

very confusing 

1 minute ago, markusvt said:

I think they are being run with politicians and not snowmobilers this season.

Everyone I speak with says it’s full on politics and favoritism. Lots of games being played. 

6 hours ago, iceman said:

Everyone I speak with says it’s full on politics and favoritism. Lots of games being played. 

Another factor putting the squeeze on us, along with changing weather patterns, and high cost.

9 hours ago, markusvt said:

I think they are being run with politicians and not snowmobilers this season.

Yes and as always the answer is “follow the money”. Who is put in position of power is crucial…most just follow along. 

It seems that people can say I want to make things better  but really they may be just want to have power and get to show it.