Mt Valin Relais Chapelle

iceman

HMMMM...From Sarnia to Mt Valin is a full days drive...15-16 hours. Cochrane is about the same. I am just saying...I am thinking of Mont Vallin again lol!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All main trails were freshly groomed since yesterday. I was probably the first on about ~50 miles of it..nothing better. Overall, I rode about an even split of groomed FCMQ trails, ZEC trails, and off trail. All were excellent except 93 between Valinouet and Chapelle [as expected] and the 477. I stayed in the city, trailered up each day after breakfast, and was back by 4pm, covering 600 miles in 3-days. It's going to be a zoo up here next week, good luck to all that hit the trails...

All main trails were freshly groomed since yesterday. I was probably the first on about ~50 miles of it..nothing better. Overall, I rode about an even split of groomed FCMQ trails, ZEC trails, and off trail. All were excellent except 93 between Valinouet and Chapelle [as expected] and the 477. I stayed in the city, trailered up each day after breakfast, and was back by 4pm, covering 600 miles in 3-days. It's going to be a zoo up here next week, good luck to all that hit the trails...

Scorpionbowl

We're heading up next week-this will be our first trip to Mt Valin-with no lodging available on the mountain. We're looking to also stay in the city-based on this and your most recent ride-where would we trailer to? Looking for a place to change into our riding gear-any input on where to ride would also be great. I see that more trails are going to open this weekend.

http://www.caribouconscrits.com/english/index.html

Thanks

Speedy

You can trailer to the 31. Huge lot for parking, and you can change inside, eat and get gas there. You can also trailer to the ski-area, bigger lot, food and gas, not so easy to get dressed inside, but can be done. More traffic on that side of the mountain.

You can trailer to the 31. Huge lot for parking, and you can change inside, eat and get gas there. You can also trailer to the ski-area, bigger lot, food and gas, not so easy to get dressed inside, but can be done. More traffic on that side of the mountain.

Thanks-safe parking at the 31? How long of a drive from the city to 31?

Thanks-safe parking at the 31? How long of a drive from the city to 31?

Chicoutimi-Nord

Trail 116

This trail is to open on 12/22-I need some help here(as my map doesnt show local trail #'s) will this trail run from Chicoutimi over the river to Saint Honore onto trail 93? Is there a bridge to sled over the river?

I've been to both. KM31 is 31 km of dirt/snow road off of 172, if you are staying there, it's fine. If you want to park and unload, you can do that at km12 [just a lot in the middle of nowhere]. I like Valinouet, it's ~45 minutes of paved road from the city to the base. I usually put on my bibs and base layer before driving, then switch to boots and the rest to unload...

Usually no issue with safety either place, both about the same drive up either side of the mountain. Maybe 45-60 minutes depending on conditions.

Thanks for the updates!

Edited by markusvt

I've been to both. KM31 is 31 km of dirt/snow road off of 172, if you are staying there, it's fine. If you want to park and unload, you can do that at km12 [just a lot in the middle of nowhere]. I like Valinouet, it's ~45 minutes of paved road from the city to the base. I usually put on my bibs and base layer before driving, then switch to boots and the rest to unload...

I just had a look at your link Scorpion Bowl and i must say i'm going to be late for work now, 'cause a just can't stop gauking at those pics :good: , Thanks for sharing.

You really do get around, a true "Quebec Rider". :drinks:

Where is old man winter? Freezing rain and +3C this morning in MTL. :angry:

I just had a look at your link Scorpion Bowl and i must say i'm going to be late for work now, 'cause a just can't stop gauking at those pics :good: , Thanks for sharing.

You really do get around, a true "Quebec Rider". :drinks:

Where is old man winter? Freezing rain and +3C this morning in MTL. :angry:

Thanks Trailblazer. It gives me something to do when there isn't any snow, which is too often...