Mt Valin Relais Chapelle

iceman

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 31 is convenient, located at KM31 on the auto road. Other side of the mountain from where you are, but not far. Same car ride from Chicoutimi, a bit steeper road. Small rooms, gas, food, all on the trail, pretty big parking lot. From where you are, if you have gone to Chapelle Jalobert, you went by it on the left, set back from the trail a bit. The Bra Louis should be nice from Valinouet over to the KM31, not far. Out around Lac Casey should be OK too.

No its a new spa called leternelspa.com we are staying in a small chalet. Is the auberge 31 nice?

Nice!

A couple of pictures from today.

Good Morning Jean-Guy

They arent grooming here. Not enough snow at the bottom to drive the groomer up. They think by next wEekend.

Off to ride! Last day for me!

Linda

Good Morning Jean-Guy

They arent grooming here. Not enough snow at the bottom to drive the groomer up. They think by next wEekend.

Off to ride! Last day for me!

Linda

i knew ,it was just to tease you a bit !!!

-18c here !!

jean-guy

Another good ride yesterday out of Auberge, sorry forget to bring the camera :blink: We went northeast yesterday up into the pipmuacan reservoir area, northeast of the Auburge, more great riding. Headed back down last night ;)

A great 4 days of riding,

Here are a few more pics of the day before at Labrieville

Sawmill at Labrieville

post-197-0-90964100-1323610037_thumb.jpg

Full pick of the mountain bore of the besiamites hydro 1 generator

post-197-0-18525700-1323610052_thumb.jpg

Betsiamite River below the hydro

post-197-0-44256100-1323610059_thumb.jpg

Good food, good drink, good riding and good conversations

It doesn't get any better

RR

How much snow?

Another good ride yesterday out of Auberge, sorry forget to bring the camera :blink: We went northeast yesterday up into the pipmuacan reservoir area, northeast of the Auburge, more great riding. Headed back down last night ;)

A great 4 days of riding,

Here are a few more pics of the day before at Labrieville

Sawmill at Labrieville

post-197-0-90964100-1323610037_thumb.jpg

Full pick of the mountain bore of the besiamites hydro 1 generator

post-197-0-18525700-1323610052_thumb.jpg

Betsiamite River below the hydro

post-197-0-44256100-1323610059_thumb.jpg

Good food, good drink, good riding and good conversations

It doesn't get any better

RR

Linda,

Did you make it on the trail to les Escoumins?

Markus,

I am praying like you that there is another snow event before long, Shannon and I headed up on Thursday. With all these fresh pics, I can almost taste it now...

The Saint Honore location on the weather network website says snow fall warning for the Falardeau and Mont Valins region! SWEET!!!

Wow nice pics folks, i was away in the country the last few days and we had some snow but no where near as much as there, at least not ridable material, i am so jealous.

Linda

Nice to see that new sled of yours up and running, a real beauty, nice color too. Don't stuff it or you'll lose it. LOL.

Leternelspa.com nice place, great for those aching muscles at the end of the day. How did you ever find a place like that given where you live and never been in the area? good stuff.

Road Runner

Labrieville and back, nice trip and nice navigational skills you guys got, you guys are real troopers.

Thanks for all those pics and reports of the area folks, i guess i'm gonna go and sit on my sled now and watch some sledding videos and pretend till the white stuff gets a little closer. JG

Yes, looked a bit thin, (but it is snow I know). Hoping for more when we go week of the 26th. No extra fuel, but we will venture out no problem.

Markus, hopefully the conditions will only get better up there in the next few weeks, as you know, that area is a wonderland!! Have a good trip, I may be back up in that area that week if we dont get snow closer to home!! RR

Wow nice pics folks, i was away in the country the last few days and we had some snow but no where near as much as there, at least not ridable material, i am so jealous.

Linda

Nice to see that new sled of yours up and running, a real beauty, nice color too. Don't stuff it or you'll lose it. LOL.

Leternelspa.com nice place, great for those aching muscles at the end of the day. How did you ever find a place like that given where you live and never been in the area? good stuff.

Road Runner

Labrieville and back, nice trip and nice navigational skills you guys got, you guys are real troopers.

Thanks for all those pics and reports of the area folks, i guess i'm gonna go and sit on my sled now and watch some sledding videos and pretend till the white stuff gets a little closer. JG

Tralblazer, hopefully we will get some white stuff on the south shore of the Saint L soon!

Checked out the webpage but could not find trail conditions --

That's because they're not grooming yet, when they will officially start, it will be posted and how many klms by the week untill the entire club is groomed. Keep watching but more importantly keep watching the weather forecast and judge accordingly.

Take a look at the web page now BLack Cat, there will be notice advising all viewers of how many klms of trails are open and where.

http://www.caribouconscrits.com/english/index.html

Where was I? When I had lunch at Auberge 31, I rode the lake (frozen) and was wondering if someone could tell me where I was lol. What is the name of the lake? And as much as Auberge looked nice...is there options for accomodations? Are there places that like people that can't speak french or is that just not going to happen there?

Thanks!

Linda

"Small rooms, gas, food, all on the trail, pretty big parking lot".

You rode Mont Valin between Valouinet and relais Chapelle at Lac Jalobert, I suspect you rode on Lac Jalobert behind the Chapelle.

direction_a_prendre.jpg

Where was I? When I had lunch at Auberge 31, I rode the lake (frozen) and was wondering if someone could tell me where I was lol. What is the name of the lake? And as much as Auberge looked nice...is there options for accomodations? Are there places that like people that can't speak french or is that just not going to happen there?

Thanks!

Linda

post-464-0-60272200-1323885454_thumb.jpg

Edited by markusvt

Thanks MarkusVT!!! Yes, that looks like it! Did you stay at Auberge 31?

PS...I was the first one back for my 10 hour service lol and my sled was still covered in snow. It was so much fun!! The guys at the shop were having a laugh!

Thanks MarkusVT!!! Yes, that looks like it! Did you stay at Auberge 31?

PS...I was the first one back for my 10 hour service lol and my sled was still covered in snow. It was so much fun!! The guys at the shop were having a laugh!

Linda, glad that your first trip to Mt valin went well, sounds like you too had a great time. It truly is a winter wonderland. Have a great Holiday season

RR