Mt Valin Relais Chapelle

iceman

When the run well, they are a real runner, I'm sure yours will be fine!

This is the most they have changed in recent years to try to improve durability.

Nice thing about riding in Quebec, you are never far from a SD dealer, no matter where you are.

It's a good thing, you need them. I think I've hit all of them with the Mach!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim:

Don't know about $11,800 but you watched me fight with the 800 for 5 days last March, that was no fun. I am serious that I will be on a 1200 of some flavor. Now go buy one so I can test ride it. :drinks:

That's why i'm looking at the 1200.I don't need another headache. $11,800 is $1000 off of MSRP. Well at least I made it to the dealer, problem is I WANT MORE HP! BRP are you listening? :drinks:

That's why i'm looking at the 1200.I don't need another headache. $11,800 is $1000 off of MSRP. Well at least I made it to the dealer, problem is I WANT MORE HP! BRP are you listening? :drinks:

I will trade ya some horsepower for some snow!!

It is this year but not today! But we do have snow in the driveway and yes I will sell it cheap!

Andy

pic: Steven and I got in a bar fight!

ha!!ha!!ha!!!

thanks for postng andy !!! i knew he could nt handle of wine alone !!!

he looks like a guy who went on top of mount hog's back 3 times in the same day !!! :lol::lol::lol:

jean-guy :drinks:

Ah yes BRP, Bring Rings & Pistons. Maybe a Crank too.2 stroke time bomb.

Ha ha ha ha good one, i haven't heard that one yet.

Not true, all fixed!

Hence why i ride a Yamaha.lol.

SD has been updating the 800 every year since it came out. Some run real good, no issues, and go a lot of miles, some, not so lucky. We could never figure it out, and have all moved to the 1200.

I hope this year it is all set.

For as long as i can remember BRP has been using the general public for their post R&D on their sleds, you break'm tell'm about it and they fix it for the next year, call it new and improved or an X2 package or something of that nature. I only bought a few of their sleds many years ago and everyone of them blew up on me a number of times,on my last one a '99 Fomula lll 3 in 1, i blew the dam thing up 3 times in a row didn't even make a 100 miles on it, on the third time i took on the repairs myself. My dad who owned and flew lightweight aircrafts equiped with Rotax engines at the time told me there are several inspection procedures to follow on Rotax aircraft engines to prevent them from failing, he advised me to perform a leak test on the engine, a simple procedure, seal the intake and exhaust ports and pump in a few pounds of air through the spark plug hole and monitor the pressure if the cylinder loses air pressure you have a leak and it will lean out and burn on you. I had two leaks where the crankcase housing is assembled together, it was a simple machining error from production, 5 minutes with a file and it was all good. I put 12000klms on that sled afterwards with out a hitch.

If you're blowing up too often i highly recommend this procedure, it's not done in production. A BRP dealer will not do this procedure for you. :angry:

Though the sleds have changed over the years and have looks to boot i will not trust another.

Ha ha ha ha good one, i haven't heard that one yet.

Hence why i ride a Yamaha.lol.

For as long as i can remember BRP has been using the general public for their post R&D on their sleds, you break'm tell'm about it and they fix it for the next year, call it new and improved or an X2 package or something of that nature. I only bought a few of their sleds many years ago and everyone of them blew up on me a number of times,on my last one a '99 Fomula lll 3 in 1, i blew the dam thing up 3 times in a row didn't even make a 100 miles on it, on the third time i took on the repairs myself. My dad who owned and flew lightweight aircrafts equiped with Rotax engines at the time told me there are several inspection procedures to follow on Rotax aircraft engines to prevent them from failing, he advised me to perform a leak test on the engine, a simple procedure, seal the intake and exhaust ports and pump in a few pounds of air through the spark plug hole and monitor the pressure if the cylinder loses air pressure you have a leak and it will lean out and burn on you. I had two leaks where the crankcase housing is assembled together, it was a simple machining error from production, 5 minutes with a file and it was all good. I put 12000klms on that sled afterwards with out a hitch.

If you're blowing up too often i highly recommend this procedure, it's not done in production. A BRP dealer will not do this procedure for you. :angry:

Though the sleds have changed over the years and have looks to boot i will not trust another.

The problem with Yamaha is that there handling and suspension are still in the stone age, although they may be reliable, I would gladly give up some reliability for a sled thats actually fun to ride and actually turns.

The problem with Yamaha is that there handling and suspension are still in the stone age, although they may be reliable, I would gladly give up some reliability for a sled thats actually fun to ride and actually turns.

Spoken from a person who has no idea on how to set a sled up, or by a person who thinks they can buy a sled right from the dealer and it should handle amazing without touching it. Ignorance to the fullest!!

Spoken from a person who has no idea on how to set a sled up, or by a person who thinks they can buy a sled right from the dealer and it should handle amazing without touching it. Ignorance to the fullest!!

Behave your self guys or I will LOCK this thread.

For as long as i can remember BRP has been using the general public for their post R&D on their sleds, you break'm tell'm about it and they fix it for the next year, call it new and improved or an X2 package or something of that nature.

Behave your self guys or I will LOCK this thread.

My appology Midrage and guys, i got a little carried away in the beginning of my post. I didn't want to step on any toes just provide a helpful tip.

Unfortunatly both Yami's,an apex and a nytro where tinkered with by two guys that know how to set up a sled and spent more time playing with the suspension then riding them including changing the skis. The end result was selling them and there back on Doo. I'm not starting a bashing thread just stateing from experiance.

Unfortunatly both Yami's,an apex and a nytro where tinkered with by two guys that know how to set up a sled and spent more time playing with the suspension then riding them including changing the skis. The end result was selling them and there back on Doo. I'm not starting a bashing thread just stateing from experiance.

Whatever....

Back on Track... not this year but the warmest it's ever been when I was there. April 2010

post-402-0-76983500-1322165922_thumb.jpg

post-402-0-04908100-1322165985_thumb.jpg

post-402-0-02702100-1322166055_thumb.jpg

Whatever....

Back on Track... not this year but the warmest it's ever been when I was there. April 2010

post-402-0-76983500-1322165922_thumb.jpg

post-402-0-04908100-1322165985_thumb.jpg

post-402-0-02702100-1322166055_thumb.jpg

I had a feeling i had seen that picture of you in your shorts somewhere.

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1848

what happened to relais chapelle info, pics?? thought maybe somethin new since last week-end. still planning a dash up to mt valin in am.

hi dave !!

made a quick searh !!...if this can help you !!

auberge 31 : 15 '' of snow

la chapelle : 14 '' ''

posts were 2-3 days old.

guy wrote about 2 hrs ago ,just back from a 120 miles ride in the mounts ,but did nt say exactly where he went !!

another said he rode 55 miles on bras louis.

ps : keep in mind i m only here to translate !!

pic from near l etape yesterday or 2 days ago !!

groomer !!!