Mt Valin Relais Chapelle

iceman

There is no grooming taking place yet. There is riding and the chapelle and auberge 31 are open. Mostly the off trail guys are at it right now. Not so much for trails but soon if things keep the way they are going. Got snow on ground not alot from yesterday here near Shawinigan and 35 F  supposed to rain all weekend here could be snow up there, gonna be on the edge of rain/snow i think. We shall see.

Edited by iceman

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Yamaha is that there handling and suspension are still in the stone age, although they may be reliable, I would gladly give up some reliability for a sled thats actually fun to ride and actually turns.

I had one, it turns, just on one ski! <_<

Whatever....

Back on Track... not this year but the warmest it's ever been when I was there. April 2010

post-402-0-76983500-1322165922_thumb.jpg

post-402-0-04908100-1322165985_thumb.jpg

post-402-0-02702100-1322166055_thumb.jpg

Are those Yamaha PJ's or are you in your boxers? Just want to know lol

The way i understand is still rough from Valinouet but doable. some rocks. Obviously you know the farther in and up you go its better. Good luck you for sure will not be alone I expect saturday to be quite  busy in them parts. Drive in farther then Valinouet. Not sure of the exact Km but you can park close to auberge 31 or go right there and park at Auberge 31. Then you can be in the better snow (more on ground) then near the Valinouet(ski hill).

Edited by iceman

We used to do these really early trips, not any more. A bit hard on the hyfax and the carbides, and the studs...... Hard to get more than a few miles in. Best to wait a month, let the base build, and the groomers get out. Even then you have to be careful on where you go and how far.

The way i understand is still rough from Valinouet but doable. some rocks. Obviously you know the farther in and up you go its better. Good luck you for sure will not be alone I expect saturday to be quite  busy in them parts. Drive in farther then Valinouet. Not sure of the exact Km but you can park close to auberge 31 or go right there and park at Auberge 31. Then you can be in the better snow (more on ground) then near the Valinouet(ski hill).

Are those Yamaha PJ's or are you in your boxers? Just want to know lol

That's not me but Bucky in the picture. They were shorts and knowing him they were Yamaha something. lol

post-402-0-92875400-1322186078_thumb.jpg

Here's me with my bad suspension and non stearing Yamaha. lol

post-402-0-11309600-1322186115_thumb.jpg

iceman info 100 percent correct, it was thin by valin ski area and whooped, which was fun for the 10 miles or so. 93 down to 70 km from sacre coure was pretty darn good considering. from there down they were driving up in pu trucks on road/trail. up to pelchat trail was very good, and like dr coffin said a little thin and got very good again back to chaplle. Dana and I met a new friend, DR and was another bonus to the trip. enjoyed riding together. new skidoo 1200x was excellent in all regards, suspension felt almost plush in the bumps and no spine tinglers in deeper holes, steady and steerable. groomed trails will be very good we're certain, but pretty darn good in what we rode. there was snow drivng by letape, but bare ground everywhere, including about 10 kn up road to relais 31, where we parked, pretty icy up that end, but had snow. very pleased to be riding and glad we went up.

post-773-0-52306400-1322405753_thumb.jpg

iceman info 100 percent correct, it was thin by valin ski area and whooped, which was fun for the 10 miles or so. 93 down to 70 km from sacre coure was pretty darn good considering. from there down they were driving up in pu trucks on road/trail. up to pelchat trail was very good, and like dr coffin said a little thin and got very good again back to chaplle. Dana and I met a new friend, DR and was another bonus to the trip. enjoyed riding together. new skidoo 1200x was excellent in all regards, suspension felt almost plush in the bumps and no spine tinglers in deeper holes, steady and steerable. groomed trails will be very good we're certain, but pretty darn good in what we rode. there was snow drivng by letape, but bare ground everywhere, including about 10 kn up road to relais 31, where we parked, pretty icy up that end, but had snow. very pleased to be riding and glad we went up.

post-773-0-66290400-1322405766_thumb.jpg