Mt Valin Relais Chapelle

iceman

i wouldent recomment staying at the auverge du 31 , their rooms are badly insulated and stuck together meaning at night you hear your neighbour snoor or fart lol oh and if theres a party above in the bar gooood luck trying to get an early sleep!! plus the 31 is always trying to shut la chapelle down so i dont support them anymore...id rather stay at valinouet!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do you recommend for a place to stay?

go to le valinouet ski hills website, there are plenty of people on there who rent out thier chalets and some rooms under the

"hebergement section" may i recommend if you are solo trying passion quebec, they have simple rooms for rent with acces to the

restaurant for food.

Website has said for sale for 2-3 years now. We stayed there once too, AWESOME!

What ever happened to Jennette up in Onatchiway Quebec? I enjoyed her place with great conversation and homestyle cooking. Is someone else running the place? Hope shes OK.

I see that some trails are open-grooming has started- Wonder how much snow is there and will more trails be open/groomed the week of 12/26?

Keep an eye on this website, they annouce how many klms of trails are open and have been groomed weekly.

http://www.caribouconscrits.com/english/index.html

We will be going up on 12/27-still looking for a cabin-where are you staying?

I'm sure at this point most all places on valin are booked , your best bet is to stay at the holiday inn saguenay ( a advertiser on this site) and truck up to the snow each day.

Edited by dooright

Today's update:

8-10" of new powder over a hard packed base, and it was still snowing. The usual early season trails are open, and it doesn't look good for opening new trails off the mountain.

93 to Sacre Couer isn't open, but I took it anyway since it's a great trail. Once you get to the plowed road and you have to take the hard right, you're in trouble. The plowed road wasn't applealing, and the usual trail had some water and lack of snow problems when you hit 172.

Today's update:

8-10" of new powder over a hard packed base, and it was still snowing. The usual early season trails are open, and it doesn't look good for opening new trails off the mountain.

93 to Sacre Couer isn't open, but I took it anyway since it's a great trail. Once you get to the plowed road and you have to take the hard right, you're in trouble. The plowed road wasn't applealing, and the usual trail had some water and lack of snow problems when you hit 172.

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like you had a great day on the trails ! Any plans to check out the pelchat trail ?

Pel Chat will probably be similar to 93 to Sacre Couer, closer to the River is still very little snow not sure you can get to the gas. Maybe I'm wrong.Can go check it partway for sure.

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like you had a great day on the trails ! Any plans to check out the pelchat trail ?

We did the trail to Escomins Club house Saturday, pretty good. There a big logging operation going on so you have to ride about 10 miles of plowed road before you get to Escomins grooming. Enough snow to keep things cool, but could be a problem if there is a big warmup. Plenty of snow all they way down there. We were going to try the 93 trail back but they said logging at the bottom of 93 so we didnt try it.Too early to take a chance.

We did the trail to Escomins Club house Saturday, pretty good. There a big logging operation going on so you have to ride about 10 miles of plowed road before you get to Escomins grooming. Enough snow to keep things cool, but could be a problem if there is a big warmup. Plenty of snow all they way down there. We were going to try the 93 trail back but they said logging at the bottom of 93 so we didnt try it.Too early to take a chance.

The pelchat loop to 93 won't work this year, not enough snow. I've done it earlier in the season in good years, but you're breaking trail through some swamps.

The les escoumins side of the pelchat is usually the best, but like 800 said, they still plow stuff down there.

Your best bet is carry the gas you need and ride till it's half gone and turn around...

Todays update:

6-12" of new powder. 93 west is groomed till 328, but it's thin down there. Anything off the mountain is thin and if groomed will not be good due to rocks, etc. Groomers were out in force today. 93 & 267 were groomed. 477 needs it. The folks at Onatchiway said the groomer should arrive in a few days and they will begin grooming the 484 Friday. The also started grooming the private trails in the ZEC today.