Need some help on a trip.

Bill

I will be starting in the Lyndonville / Burke VT area and want to do the Gaspe. I plan to head straight north into Canada. I am guessing thru Sherbrooke?? Then east to Gaspe. Any help planing this would be greatly appreciated, Mileage / places to stay how long it would take ect.

Thanks

Bill

First day cross in Canaan, Rt523 to rt 55. Rt 55 to Thetford Mines or St Georges. Second day East on 35 or 55 to 5 to Riviere du Loop, From there do a search on this site, all kinds of opinions about which way is the best route around. Have a good trip.

I will be starting in the Lyndonville / Burke VT area and want to do the Gaspe. I plan to head straight north into Canada. I am guessing thru Sherbrooke?? Then east to Gaspe. Any help planing this would be greatly appreciated, Mileage / places to stay how long it would take ect.

Thanks

Bill

Don't go near Sherbrooke, unless you want to see nothing but stop signs and road crossings.We croosed at Derby once and made that mistake. Instead stay along the us border heading East, much nicer.

You can enter there and miss Sherbrooke. We rode out of Magog last year. It wasn't that bad. Yesterday I watched a full day of my GoPro video and it struck me how good the grooming was and how few sleds passed in the other direction.

Go to viaexplora.com and you can point and click your routes to hearts content.

Don't go near Sherbrooke, unless you want to see nothing but stop signs and road crossings.We croosed at Derby once and made that mistake. Instead stay along the us border heading East, much nicer.

i agree head a bit farther east imo club 55 75 is a great place to start from

Bill, did that trip last year, it's about 1800 miles from Derby. There is a club trail not to far up 55 that you can take to cut out the part to Sherbrooke. It takes you back to 55 then you go to 75 to 35 to 5.Great trip, we did it in 8 days.

My brothers and I were looking into riding from Ma to the HI. The worst part was going to be Vt, because they have a huge hole in the middle and no-one at the vast booth could even confirm the trails to get to the border. I don't remeber how far Burke is from the border, just make sure you a confirmed map.

Later

GutZ

I can't speak to the Vermont side but I rode a lot of the bottom half of that track last year and we enjoyed it. Ayers Cliff, LaPartrie, Megantic, Mt St Sebastian, LaGuadeloupe. We even saw some square dancin'!

Once you get EAST of Sherbrooke there are several ways you can go. Study the french language conditions sites in the week before ya go to figure the best route to get up to RDL. You'll still get plenty of ya might as well trailer up there tips buy if there's snow and you want to ride - give it a go!

Edited by actionjack

Burke to the border is very easy, the trip is very doable. Need to leave yourself enough time for sure. We just trailer to RDL in the truck, go from there.

My brothers and I were looking into riding from Ma to the HI. The worst part was going to be Vt, because they have a huge hole in the middle and no-one at the vast booth could even confirm the trails to get to the border. I don't remeber how far Burke is from the border, just make sure you a confirmed map.

Later

GutZ

Thanks

Bill

I will happily go with if you need another rider!

First day cross in Canaan, Rt523 to rt 55. Rt 55 to Thetford Mines or St Georges. Second day East on 35 or 55 to 5 to Riviere du Loop, From there do a search on this site, all kinds of opinions about which way is the best route around. Have a good trip.

I have done the trip a few times leaving from Derby and agree w/Bill. I have actually had better riding many times on 542/521 which is a secondary trail - than on 55 many times. Low traffic until you get close to St Georges.

As far as the Gaspesie piece goes, I personally like to take 595 or 597 and cut off the upper tip of going the full way around. Either of those trails are not to be missed and would be hard to also do if you go all the way around the peninsula. Just my opinion. Also, depending on the timing, 8 days could be optomistic if you get a significant snowstorm or someone has a sled issue. It doens't take long to lose most of a day trying to get a sled fixed.

WOW, great trip planned, I admire you for venturing out like that, I have been through alot of your trails along the way but have never been to the Gaspe yet, I would love to try that but time and money are always the essence. If there isn't any snow soon we will be trucking up to Gaspe and riding around the pennisula. GOOD LUCK !!