BV2S ski-doo helment

jimcb1

Although not identical, I have the modular II, both have a breath evac system. I usually don't have any problems around home but will say that last week I was in Qc and got caught in freezing fog/drizzle and had the exterior ice up severely, whether or not that was a factor in me going off the trail and hitting a boulder who knows, I am not sure whether the heated shield would have helped with the exterior icing or not. Long story short, when I go back the week after next I am bringing a different helmet with a heated shield.

Mark

The wife and myself both have the BV2S helmet and we also do not have an electric shield. We have never really needed it with this helmet. As long as I have the mask sealed properly I have not had issues anywhere in quebec. That being said an electric shield can only help.

I'm considering the purchase of the BVS2 helmet also,what do other QR members think about the electric shield? is it a requirement for fog free riding in quebec? any info,oppinions,or experiences with these helmets would be great. thanks

I'm considering the purchase of the BVS2 helmet also,what do other QR members think about the electric shield? is it a requirement for fog free riding in quebec? any info,oppinions,or experiences with these helmets would be great. thanks

The heated shield typically isn't needed when it's about 10 degrees or warmer. Below that and it anybodys guess. I rode today from Jonquiere with it being -15f or so. After 220 miles I never used mine. My brother did have to use his about 15 miles in. My other buddy used his as well. What happens to me most often is I will get a little frosty spot on the bottom of the orange shield, which on the BV2S is the extra shield for the sun.

As a friend said to me one time " I would rather be looking at it than for it"!!

I have one on my BVs2, but seldom plug it in. However the cord is always in my pocket when I do need it and never miss any driving because of vision.

A very small cost when you think about going out on a cold morning and having to stop because of frosting up.

My $0.02 worth.

As a friend said to me one time " I would rather be looking at it than for it"!!

I have one on my BVs2, but seldom plug it in. However the cord is always in my pocket when I do need it and never miss any driving because of vision.

A very small cost when you think about going out on a cold morning and having to stop because of frosting up.

My $0.02 worth.

yes same here my cord is wraped around my bars at all times when i need it its there

a e shild is one of the best investments u can make for touring quebec

BVS2 for many years now NEVER needed an electric shield yet. If you have frost you are not sealed up tight. Even in very cold I don't have issues unless you don't seal up good. Its the best helmet I ever had. Just moving things around and what not takes care of things.

Edited by Bill

If you have an electric shield on the BV2S helmet it will frost up under certain conditions when it is not plugged in. It is different than the regular non electric shield. The electric version has two layers and the non electric is one layer. So for allot of people they can use it with no problem when it is not plugged in. But After awile or in certain conditions it will fog up. It is a fanatastic helmet, I would take Bill's 2 cents he logs the most miles...

Great Helmet !! Especially if you wear glasses. To make a long story short the non-heated one works far better than the heated one. I have used both. If you have the heated sheild you will have to plug it in probably more than you would like. I did anyways. Kinda defeats the purpose of the helmet in my opinion. They make them different. The inner and outer layers don't seal very well. So moisture get's in between them and then you are screwed. While it's nice to be prepared, if the helmet is working right you won't need it. I have ridden in temps down to -40 with no real issues. I get the same frost on the yellow sheild like they talk about and sometimes a little on the bottom edge of the clear one, but it's a small price to pay for never having to plug in, and no fogged up glasses. Actually I believe the helmet works better the colder it is. When it gets warm like 20 and up, it can get a little warm in there, and then I have to crack the sheild open one click. It likes to fog a little when it's warm out. As for the ice fog issue, I have a scraper on my glove that takes care of that. But that has only happend twice in like the last 6 years, once on tug hill and the other last week in St Zenon. Spend your money on other gear that may be subpar. Handlebar gauntlets are a great investment for Quebec riding

well it seems like the jurys out on the electric shield, but I like all the positive feed back on the bv2s helmet it self, I'll probably go with out the electric and try my luck! thanks again for all your input, qr members are the best!

I also agree, no electric shield. I had one and sold it because the non elec. worked better. Just make sure the mouthpiece is snug especially in morning when its cold. That is the ONLY time it ever started to fog was when mouthpiece leaked at my nose.

I use the Helmit, but i have a problem with the breathing/mouth piece and my glasses, So i use the helmit with out the mouth piece and use an electric shield.

The guys i run with use communicators and the mouth piece also did not work well with the mic

My 1 cent :mellow:

Schooter

Scooter, thanks for your input on the BV2S, I see from your other thread post your going to be at the hotel saguanay the 28 thru till feb 5th, I'm arriving there on sunday the 29th for the week also, hopefully we can sit and have a beer to talk further!