Daytona-Neige

182ray

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ray & Bill,

I'm back in paint mode. Looks like the weather is a little on the warm side up there. Getting the groomer out of the slush is a chore. At least they have plenty of time to get it ready for next season. Is the driver OK?

Jack & Sandi

Ray

I was hoping to go with Bill too to the Race. Looks like a good time. Let him know I'm off the meds and walking without a cane/crutch. Hopefully a little extra exercise and I'm good as new!

maybe...

GutZ

Ray

I was hoping to go with Bill too to the Race. Looks like a good time. Let him know I'm off the meds and walking without a cane/crutch. Hopefully a little extra exercise and I'm good as new!

maybe...

GutZ

Hi Don,

Bill told me you were going to come up. It would have been great to see you.

Tell the brothers I said hi.

Ray

I wanted to go. Doc said I need to ease into alot of walking and standing and not knowing how far we would need to walk and standing for hours.

I will let the brothers know you said "Hi", I'm trying to get a good Pic of Mini GutZ and Longhair. I'm already looking for a 120.... to modify!

Later

Don

You made the right choice. There was a lot of standing as well as some walking.

I wanted to go. Doc said I need to ease into alot of walking and standing and not knowing how far we would need to walk and standing for hours.

I will let the brothers know you said "Hi", I'm trying to get a good Pic of Mini GutZ and Longhair. I'm already looking for a 120.... to modify!

Later

Don

hi all !!

read a few mins ago on the french forum!!

they are going to use an excavator to break the ice behind the groomer.looks like there s a little island about 75' from there.

they are going to put a timberjack on the island ,hook up the br and try to winch it !!

today ,they sank the groomer on purpose.about 12 ' of water there ,if i remember well !!

according to the same guy ,they removed that roto tiller to save weight!!

groomer !!!

hi all !!

read a few mins ago on the french forum!!

they are going to use an excavator to break the ice behind the groomer.looks like there s a little island about 75' from there.

they are going to put a timberjack on the island ,hook up the br and try to winch it !!

today ,they sank the groomer on purpose.about 12 ' of water there ,if i remember well !!

according to the same guy ,they removed that roto tiller to save weight!!

groomer !!!

Jean-Guy,

What do you mean by "they sank the groomer on purpose"?

Ray

1332807670[/url]' post='23189']

Jean-Guy,

Ray

Ray-I think he means they let it drop deeper in the water since it apparently is about 12' deep there(?) Looks like they may also secure it to the timber which should remain across the ice and span the "channel" they are going to make in the ice toward the island where the logging skidder will attempt to winch it. If it is "only" 75' like he says, and it doesn't get hung on something underwater, it should make it. I wish them well. I have heard allot of stories about cars & trucks getting destroyed as they are winched to shore. Glad the operator wasn't hurt.Thanks for all the great pics!

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

Jean-Guy,

Ray

hi ray !!

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/regional/saguenay/archives/2012/03/20120326-195532.html

vt-blu your english is better than mine !!ha!ha!!

sinking the br ,it ll be easier to work with and pull it off the water.there problem was to lift the back end of the br.thats why they are going to break the ice with an excavator !

today ,the had divers ,looks like the had a problems ,tracks i guess ,were stuck in the ice.a guy said they put pious at an angle of 30'...degrees?? to help the br climb back on the ice .

where the br sank ,there was 20'' of ice !!

almost forgot ,unable to pull the br forward ,because it ll take way too much steel wires .too far from the ''beach '' ha!!ha!!!.....i guess !!

hope this will help you !!

jean-guy

forgot !! great pics !!! :good:

jean-guy

This is what I have, using the translator as I have zero french skills!

It's now been over 48 hours a groomer is stuck in the lake Jalobert Saguenay. This morning, after managing to cut 30 inches of ice to get the machine up, workers were not able to get out. A tractor equipped with steel cables has succeeded only move the groomer a few centimeters away.

Throughout the day, a representative of the Ministry of Environment was closely monitoring the progress of work. According to Christian Mercier, several liters of diesel would still be in the gas tank:

"There is a capacity of 200 liters in the tank, but it is believed that there were only 100 liters. We put absorbent layers to get it all in bags. A specialized firm will eventually disposed. "

In the afternoon, another problem has considerably slowed down the work, the vehicle base of several hundred pounds of ice is trapped. Divers have tried somehow to free it. 15h to work was interrupted.

For the snowmobile club owner a groomer is clear:

"While I'll be in snowmobile club, no more grooming will not return to a body of water," says the chairman of the Caribou Club / Conscripts.

The machine, bought new, is worth $ 325 000.

To break the ice, a shovel was to go on the scene at about 17h.

Work will continue well into the evening.

The groomer was at Mont-Valin for Snow Daytona this weekend. The event consists of snowmobile drag racing.

By the time they pay for the Recovery of the Machine and then the insurance company will tell them "sorry not covered for being on ice" they will really be needing more money.Got to be paying by the hour for the recovery operation with divers. Wow big bucks.Hope it was a great day saturday to be worth all this nonesense.I believe that going on the ice in march after serious warmth for 2 weeks is kind of very dumb. With a 325,000 machine yeah thats rocket science there.

i listened to radio sation interview this morning with the president of caribou-conscrits.

he said that the br rear end was stuck in the mud.that s why they sent divers to clean it and hook the br up.

also ,divers ''unlocked '' the tractions of the br to be easier to pull !!

prinoth in granby will check the br for insurances stuff !!!

groomer !!!

I hear its out of the drink. Mission Accomplished.

Maybe they are planning a Ice Hockey game on the same lake in may. Would not surprise me.

Edited by iceman