ANY PLACE TO STILL RIDE?

MFARJM

I just noticed Snowtrax took the snow train in Ontario last year and rode in April. Since returning from a great Gaspe ride earlier this month, I'm suffering withdrawl in 80 deg. heat! Is there any riding left in Quebec? Is there any train that could haul sleds above James Bay for instance for early spring riding?

I just noticed Snowtrax took the snow train in Ontario last year and rode in April. Since returning from a great Gaspe ride earlier this month, I'm suffering withdrawl in 80 deg. heat! Is there any riding left in Quebec? Is there any train that could haul sleds above James Bay for instance for early spring riding?

I am still packed! If you find it, let me know. I think there is a group still planning on Mont Vallin this coming week and as well one for Chic Choks. I am trying to sit still...not working very well however. I washed my gear, but its back in the bag and at my back door right now...someone pull the trigger...I will in the truck (but will bring an atv in case).

Linda

If your looking to go for one last ride, Mont Valin is the place to go. I'm heading up on April 4th and will sled Thursday and Friday. The weekend of the 7th is the big party they have up there every year and will be packed with sledders. It's my season ender every year.

I was up there a week ago, sunday thru tuesday. sunday was choppy on the trail on 93, off trail was awesome, TONS of snow

monday was mid 40's but fun on and off trail

tuesday 93 was groomed great from valinouet to la chapelle, all orange trails were nice too. am was 28*f, 230pm when we left it was 60!!!!

its getting and staying COLD there thru mid next week at least with SOME fresh snow. i'll be heading back sunday thru wed/thursday for sure! i havnt rode in quebec anywhere, ever, past late march. I'd be surprised that they would still groom in the monts BUT with the bash the following weekend i THINK they would?

Ian

she is singing COLD weather right now for at least next 10 days!

when i was at auberge 31 tuesday at lunch the lot was snow covered well, trail down the hill too. how was it saturday at the daytona? bare in front of the restaurant or still snow covered?

From the helicopter I could see that the front of the restaurant had a thin cover & going up the hill was bare.

Cold temps will definately prolong the riding.

I talked to some guys from Ontario Saturday they said the riding was good.

Best bet is to stay at KM 31 or Passion.

Or trailer up from town. You cannot ride up from Jonquiere, well not on a sled anyway.

stayed at passion last weekend, will do so again. unclear if the area got any new snow in last few days or any upcoming either

passion has cell and internet there for night time customer catch up stuff. KM31 doesnt have net i believe or cell i know for sure

even when i am away my customers are my focus, w/o them i cannot goto quebec!

ian

Saturday was cloudless & on the warmer side. It certainly didn't help conditions. The guys I spoke to said the trail up from Passion was choppy.

Bring sunscreen. We got a hell of a sun burn on our faces! People think I was in Florida.

I've posted this before... In April this is what we experience everytime. Warm temps and tons of snow. I don't want to say for sure but the week we go the trails are always groomed all over Valin for the big party which is always the weekend before Easter.

post-402-0-38558300-1332845009_thumb.jpg

post-402-0-27867400-1332845247_thumb.jpg

post-402-0-80947400-1332845302_thumb.jpg