Summer Riding

800steve

Hey boys not to change the subject but MrGutz and hparator you guys both live close to my old stompin ground . Born and raised in Millerton New york. Been living in Canada since 1990. hparator i still have friends in the red hook area i ride with but have to meet them in old forge once a year. Money , time prevents them coming this far but one guy loves coming if he had someone to hook up with. Hope to meet some time. David

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close call! That hillclimb by the Skyline/Jiminey powerlines gets gnarlier each year. But the climb pic is in October Mtn forest in the clearing by Washinton Mt Rd & County Rd. They do kinda look alike. The submarine pic is in Pittsfield forest up north of Balance Rock (thank goodness for the electric winch). I try to quad around there as much as possible between Easter & Thanksgiving to keep my sled thumb in good condition!

That's what I thought, but i've seen alot hills that look like that, and a buddy rolled his sled down it one year, small world.

My office is in Pittsfield, but we send guys down to Poughkeepsie to do work. (Arnoff Moving or Putnam County Bank, I think one is in Poughkeepsie).

Later

GutZ

Arnoff is on the 'other' side of Poughkeepsie.

Let me know next time you head down... Or I'll send a message next time I'm in Pittsfield.

Hey boys not to change the subject but MrGutz and hparator you guys both live close to my old stompin ground . Born and raised in Millerton New york. Been living in Canada since 1990. hparator i still have friends in the red hook area i ride with but have to meet them in old forge once a year. Money , time prevents them coming this far but one guy loves coming if he had someone to hook up with. Hope to meet some time. David

Used to work at the intersection of 199 and 22. Hipotronics. Stan sold the company in 1995 and started another in Copake. Worked there for 5 years until moving to my current employer, which is much closer to my house. Harney tea bought out the Hipotronics building around 2001 and I was fortunate to get a guided tour of the warehouse in exchange of explaining the building configuration.

Haven't ridden in Old Forge/Tugg Hill but have ridden in Tupper lake with coworkers. After a close call with a drunk rider, I stopped riding there. Will see what can be done about hooking up. My employer has a number of projects in Canada, and next time something comes up in the Toronto area, I'll contact you.

Mike

Edited by hparaptor

Close call! That hillclimb by the Skyline/Jiminey powerlines gets gnarlier each year. But the climb pic is in October Mtn forest in the clearing by Washinton Mt Rd & County Rd. They do kinda look alike. The submarine pic is in Pittsfield forest up north of Balance Rock (thank goodness for the electric winch). I try to quad around there as much as possible between Easter & Thanksgiving to keep my sled thumb in good condition!

Trick question! Saw the image north of Balance rock and thought PSF. The hill climb looked familiar, but since I never rode Rocktober, that park never came to mind. Have you tried Beartown?

I might have to renew my registration in Mass. Although, I hate the new tags the riding is worth it.

Used to work at the intersection of 199 and 22. Hipotronics. Stan sold the company in 1995 and started another in Copake. Worked there for 5 years until moving to my current employer, which is much closer to my house. Harney tea bought out the Hipotronics building around 2001 and I was fortunate to get a guided tour of the warehouse in exchange of explaining the building configuration.

Haven't ridden in Old Forge/Tugg Hill but have ridden in Tupper lake with coworkers. After a close call with a drunk rider, I stopped riding there. Will see what can be done about hooking up. My employer has a number of projects in Canada, and next time something comes up in the Toronto area, I'll contact you.

Mike

Wow my landlords son worked there his name was Bill Hopkins was he there at the same time as you?I only ride tug hill old forge mid week. I can reach it in 4.5 hours so we leave at 4 am on a tuesday unload at lyons falls ride old forge area one day. The next day tug hill and come home that night. Things tend to get groomed tuesday weds and have never had a bad ride and mid week no traffic.Forget weekends and holidays. Give me a call im fifty minutes east of Toronto. David

I'm on Washington Mt Road every morning. We usually test and tune in Oct Mtn Forst if snow comes early enough.

If not we use Beartown or Windsor.

Can't wait for Snow!

GutZ

Trick question! Saw the image north of Balance rock and thought PSF. The hill climb looked familiar, but since I never rode Rocktober, that park never came to mind. Have you tried Beartown?

I might have to renew my registration in Mass. Although, I hate the new tags the riding is worth it.

I stick to Pittsfield & Roctober & sometimes bootleg the Hinsdale powerlines. Beartown is weird mix of gnarl & roads so it's hard to bring novices & hard to stay on the "designated" trails. We lost Tolland to the DCR for the same reason, now they just allow street legal dirt bikes.

My Summer Ride!!

post-24-0-49827400-1341407732_thumb.jpg

I wish!!

Long Hair and Mini!

post-24-0-14390700-1341408187_thumb.jpg

West Hartford Ferrari Club.

GutZ

Cool! The blue Lambo owner is an ELP fan?

I'm on Washington Mt Road every morning. We usually test and tune in Oct Mtn Forst if snow comes early enough.

Can't wait for Snow!

GutZ

I WISH I was on Washington Mt Road every morning, 'cuz that'd mean I'M THUMB THROTTLING instead of working! What are you doing over there?

Cool! The blue Lambo owner is an ELP fan?

I WISH I was on Washington Mt Road every morning, 'cuz that'd mean I'M THUMB THROTTLING instead of working! What are you doing over there?

I don't know about being an ELP fan, but he also had a weird tank that looked like an armadillo.

I was talking to someone i work with in Pittsfield, and they said there is another WMR in lee or lenox. I'm on the one in Washington,Ma.

I commute to work from Westfield/Southwick and take backroads, rt 20, 23, 8, etc...

Beats the pike.

Later

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

Wow my landlords son worked there his name was Bill Hopkins was he there at the same time as you?I only ride tug hill old forge mid week. I can reach it in 4.5 hours so we leave at 4 am on a tuesday unload at lyons falls ride old forge area one day. The next day tug hill and come home that night. Things tend to get groomed tuesday weds and have never had a bad ride and mid week no traffic.Forget weekends and holidays. Give me a call im fifty minutes east of Toronto. David

David,

Don't recall Bill. Which department did he work in? Spoke to another "Hipo" employee and he thinks Bill could have been in Epoxy. Will have to look into this.

Mike

I stick to Pittsfield & Roctober & sometimes bootleg the Hinsdale powerlines. Beartown is weird mix of gnarl & roads so it's hard to bring novices & hard to stay on the "designated" trails. We lost Tolland to the DCR for the same reason, now they just allow street legal dirt bikes.

I miss Tolland. Nice riding. Hated it the first time and somehow, liked the challenge after the second time.

Picture heading into in what we refer to the "Cherokee pit" on my first time riding there... good times...

post-1155-0-81635900-1341978089_thumb.jpg

Hey, I know your Donzi! Small world Snowfarmer. You should know my 18C for. D org or D.net. We will hook up next winter. Shane I get over to LG ( Treasure cove Bolton landing ) for Donzi poker runs - events, (2) at least once a yr. Ill look you up

1000K Islands A bay in Aug for Poker Runs America - Pirates weekend bash.

Helicopter pic's are from Winnipesaukie donzi poker run, last Saturday in July each yr.

Please do!

I don't know about being an ELP fan, but he also had a weird tank that looked like an armadillo.

I was talking to someone i work with in Pittsfield, and they said there is another WMR in lee or lenox. I'm on the one in Washington,Ma.

I commute to work from Westfield/Southwick and take backroads, rt 20, 23, 8, etc...

Beats the pike.

Later

GutZ

Check out a map of October Mt forest and trace County Road right through the middle toward Lee and you see it becomes WMR. Maybe it's "Old WMR"? It's pretty banged up but passable with a Jeep.

What do you do in Washington? Hinsdale the next town over is my Bershire basecamp.

ELP Tarkus, baddass 70's prog rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDzNkLh8Rsk

Check out a map of October Mt forest and trace County Road right through the middle toward Lee and you see it becomes WMR. Maybe it's "Old WMR"? It's pretty banged up but passable with a Jeep.

What do you do in Washington? Hinsdale the next town over is my Bershire basecamp.

ELP Tarkus, baddass 70's prog rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDzNkLh8Rsk

I go through Hinsdale too, do you know Chris George or Kevin Andrews?

I also bought my current trailer from the Mobil Station in the middle of town.

Later

GutZ

Can't wait for Snow!

GutZ

Same here but only on Sunday mornings. Lots of time I start in Sandisfield and take the corridor rt 95 to OMSF and poke my way into Windsor. Haven't been to Beartown in years.

I haven't had the pleasure of knowing Chris George or Kevin Andrews by name, maybe by face/barstool. Gotta love that most of the Berkshire Boy'z were sledding befoe they could walk.

Only 172 days 'till mid January!!...

Across the backyard on Grass does not count! Or does it....

GutZ

I rode Mont Vallin last year...Dec 8th ...it was amazing! But no...grass doesn't count! haha

Linda