planning a trip from clova to mont valin

mrterceira

thanks for the response, any idea what kind of miles between stops

Out of town for a few days. Away from Slowville and my vast array of past rip logs. :rolleyes: Will PM you with trail mileage for the Chibougamma loop when I get back home.

timbo

Truck and trailer to manawaki from there snowmobile to Clova and then so on.

Maniwaki - Clova via woodrunner trail is +- 215 miles.

Another option would be Maniwaki - Clova via Lytton(Restaurant le classic). You jump on Lepine Road at km 7 but last year there was logging operations. +- 175 miles. We will have to wait and see if they will plow the road again this coming winter.

mrterceira

was digging around in my garage yesterday looking for the tourpac bag for my Ultra Classic. it was buried under my sled luggage 8) . i dug out my log from the last couple years' excursions and pieced together the mileage on the "LONG" route i mentioned to you a few weeks ago.

Clova to Lebel sur Quevillon TQ83, TQ93 201 miles

Lebel to Chibougammau TQ93 155

Chibou to St Felicien TQ93, 373 191

St Felicien to Monts Valins TQ93 215

Monts to Relais 22 TQ93, TQ23, TQ83 227

Relais 22 to Clova TQ83 205

If you want to add another day or so, and drop down to Jonquiere and take a spin with Sag Bill, it's about 120 miles or so.

In Clova, try the Tamarac. There is only one real motel open in Lebel (can't remember it's name), you'll go thru its parking lot on the trail into town. I stay at the Nordic in Chi-town. The Gardin (Garden) in St-F is a great hotel, with a corral....the trail runs right in front of it. You've heard some of the comments regarding the "22". Not the Pally, but for your first trip thru that area, it's just fine (gas on site).

Have a great first trip to la belle province.

timbo

"the artist formerly known as the Snow Lord"

mrterceira

was digging around in my garage yesterday looking for the tourpac bag for my Ultra Classic. it was buried under my sled luggage 8) . i dug out my log from the last couple years' excursions and pieced together the mileage on the "LONG" route i mentioned to you a few weeks ago.

If you want to add another day or so, and drop down to Jonquiere and take a spin with Sag Bill, it's about 120 miles or so.

In Clova, try the Tamarac. There is only one real motel open in Lebel (can't remember it's name), you'll go thru its parking lot on the trail into town. I stay at the Nordic in Chi-town. The Gardin (Garden) in St-F is a great hotel, with a corral....the trail runs right in front of it. You've heard some of the comments regarding the "22". Not the Pally, but for your first trip thru that area, it's just fine (gas on site).

timbo

sorry....the colum's did not allign too well. I last number for each leg is the mileage :rofl:

it will probably be an unpronounceable symbol haha

HAHAHAHAHA, Love it....

Is it time to ride yet?

On a positive note, I did notice some of the leaves were changing in the higher elevations along 87 in the ADKs this week end

Timbo, damn you keep good records, always say I am going to start doing that but never do, then when I try to answer questions for people, on places I know with my eyes shut, I can't remember a damn thing!!!!

I believe Dan & Martine @ Windigo have gas. No worries. And you can ditch the trail and go out the back across the river to bypass Relais 22 and drop in closer to LaTuque!

When we had a stay over at Windigo last year Martine told us that they are not a fuel stop . There is limited fuel to get you to the next stop only.

mrterceira

timbo

This does sound like an excellent route to take. Northwestern Quebec is some of the best snowmobiling in the world. Timbo's route gives you easy to achieve mileage targets each day.

I minor thing, not to worry "Snow Lord"!!! LOL

Blizzard Wizzard

Game Changer

What next Amigo?!?!

:drinks:

Ya Steven

"Snow Lord" was a handle from a whole bunch of years ago. Started when I was in Old Forge with a gang from PSSA (pre to my discovering la belle province). I was at a PARTAB meeting in Harrisburg last week and a guy came up to me from the old days, who I hadn't seen for a long, long time. When he walked up to a bunch of us and called me Snow Lord my companions were most amused. My old amigo told them I would have to pull a "Prince" to differentiate between the old days and my new QR handle. lol. :acute:

timbo

the Blizzard Wizzard