fire !!!

groomer

Relay snowmobile burns in Charlevoix

Posted by Jonathan Bernard for (Quebec) FM93 Tuesday, 23 October 2012 at 07h18.

Relay "Le Grenier" burned / Rock Laliberté - Zone911

CHARLEVOIX - An electrical problem could be the cause of a fire that heavily damaged a relay snowmobilers.

Over "the Attic" Notre-Dame-des-Monts was on fire last night, and a few weeks before the start of the snowmobile season.

According to Daniel Boies, Director of the fire place, the fire could have originated in the basement before spreading to a wall and then to the roof.

The fire caused extensive damage to the building, however, nobody was there when the fire started.

The blaze plunged into darkness over 2000 customers of Hydro-Quebec for about 45 minutes.

In collaboration with Zone911

jean-guy

Amazing, this relais was just being discussed on the French CMIQ. Was to be closed this season because of bankruptcy. Seems like now they had a fire wow SHOCKER. I guess they have Zero arson investigators in Quebec. Quite a few places burn only to be reborn again. I guess it is a good way to go if you don't get caught doing it. Bet they had insurance.

Amazing, this relais was just being discussed on the French CMIQ. Was to be closed this season because of bankruptcy. Seems like now they had a fire wow SHOCKER. I guess they have Zero arson investigators in Quebec. Quite a few places burn only to be reborn again. I guess it is a good way to go if you don't get caught doing it. Bet they had insurance.

Must have been a freak thunderstorm, with serious Jewish Lightning! It's amazing how many places just burst into flames when struggling !

I was gonna post this almost exactly and then thought well maybe it just seems as if there are a lot of fires there. Hell we have fires in our Baltimore news everyday.

Edited by actionjack

Very coincidental, oops I meant accidental, wink wink.

Maybe all these places that spontaneously combust just all use the same Electrician and he is not so good, that could be it.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's a real bummer. That was always a great relais to stop in. The potatoe bros remember it fondly. Unfortunately, "accidental fires" are more and more commonplace when you have bad local economic conditions, warm winters, expensive diesel, and clubs struggling with diminishing membership. A lot of things that we have just taken for granted are slipping away. We need a long, cold, snowy Quebecquois winter.