Snow Mont Valin

iceman

post-197-0-04456300-1355353822_thumb.jpg

We arrived at Auberge du km 31 this afternoon and had to go out for a run, put on a quick 80 miles in 3 hours, caribou conscripts as been out packing the trails and the off trails are all powder, making excellent going. the cold temps to harden down the packed trails, and more light snow on the way will make for prime running.

post-197-0-88600900-1355353868_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-02759700-1355353941_thumb.jpg

Happy trails RR

Here are some more pics from today, enjoy RR

There is consistantly 10-18" of powder everywhere, with a fairly solid ice base underneath, on the untraveled logging roads where you are breaking trail you will occasionally click at rock on some of the roads that have an eroded gravel base, otherwise, excellent!!

post-197-0-79022400-1355358777_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-03967800-1355358816_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-78037800-1355358874_thumb.jpg

post-197-0-45991400-1355358927_thumb.jpg

Trailblazer, crazy snow, and my old friend groomer!, yes those are 20 wides, and the its like they say, a picture says a 1000 words, groomer, Your pics are the best, we are just sharing some of the current conditions, hope to see you guys on the trails or in your groomer. All the best RR

Great to see the snow and someone out enjoying it!! I was there last December, just couldn't believe how much different the weather was. The lake in front of Auberge 31 was even staked!

Trailblazer, crazy snow, and my old friend groomer!, yes those are 20 wides, and the its like they say, a picture says a 1000 words, groomer, Your pics are the best, we are just sharing some of the current conditions, hope to see you guys on the trails or in your groomer. All the best RR

thx roadrunner !!

looking at those 20'' reminds me great memories of challenge kanada !!

tons of fun riding those sleds !!

ps:...i was nt stuck..stopped for the pic...lake jupiter area...reserve des laurentides !!96 !!

jean-guy :drinks:

Hi Tom!!

I think you are saying 'had' as in he doesn't have it anymore? That is where I fish and as well have been known to meet the odd (and I mean odd) sled group there in summer to take the Sombra Ferry to the US for spectacular and cheap beer and wings overlooking the river!

We don't do fun like that in Canada...we are protecting the waterfront!! lol

Linda

Hey Linda,

Yes he sold that house in Sombra about 4 years ago then bought another in Algonac Michigan on Anchor Bay. I think I know the bar you're talking about. Marine City, MI correct?

Tom

Well there are a couple , this one is pretty close to the Ferry crossing...kind of fun too!