Monts Valin 12/14

scorpionbowl

There usually is 2 of us that ride .....Just came back from Sarina yesterday had to pick up parts for my new sled that where not in when i pick it up....As for the 15 hour drive no worries .....drove to River Du Loop last march in12 1/2 - 13 hours JUST WANT TO RIDE lol think snow

Katana11

You don't have to speak any french...I don't. People are great...they expect us english people. I go to the Gaspesie alot! In fact we rode Amqui March 17th last year, 15 hours 7 of us.

I have been by myself and with a group, the french is a non-issue.

Linda

I have never seen the need to be able to speak french. All you have to do is wave your arms around and speak english, they will wave their arms around and speak french. At the end of the day they will have your money and you will have what you were looking for. LOL Being able to speak french may speed the process up, and could take some of the laughs out of it, but the end result is the same.

:drinks:

Ya just funny i was brought up french but lost ALL OF IT when i moved down here. My wife and i don't speak it at all , but my kids are fluent in french as we sent them through the french school system.

That's funny...I was born in Montreal, spoke both, left at age 5 and have no french at all.

I have never seen the need to be able to speak french. All you have to do is wave your arms around and speak english, they will wave their arms around and speak french. At the end of the day they will have your money and you will have what you were looking for. LOL Being able to speak french may speed the process up, and could take some of the laughs out of it, but the end result is the same.

:drinks:

LOL!!!! :rofl: Tbk!!!!!

I'm a typical single lingual American.

But it helps to know a few essentials like bonjour, bonsoir, mersci, s'il vous plaît, cheezeburger all dressed, jus d'orange, pepsi de'et, mechanique (while frantically pointing fingers?), très bon (very good), chambre non fumeur (non smoking room), the groomer rig is le surfacer, etc.

Some are really easy to remember, gas is gaz, bacon is bacon, pizza is pizza, spaghetti is spaghetti, so the essentials are covered!

Toast (pain) is either blanc (white) or brown (wheat), don't ask for rye - Marty tries and fails every time!

Tom sometimes tries to speak in his second language Spanish, but it hasn't proven to be effective to a French speaking person :rolleyes: .

Ask if the tip is included in the price (le service inclus?) so you know whether of not you need to add tip.

Like the service/tourist industry anywhere, most all are polite and helpful!

You are the visitor, so be polite, wait your turn in line, don't be loud, obnoxious, or an @^#, open or hold the door for others just like you would in at home (you do that don't you?).

Happy sledding!

But it helps to know a few essentials like bonjour, bonsoir, mersci, s'il vous plaît, cheezeburger all dressed, jus d'orange, pepsi de'et, mechanique (while frantically pointing fingers?), très bon (very good), chambre non fumeur (non smoking room), the groomer rig is le surfacer, etc.

Some are really easy to remember, gas is gaz, bacon is bacon, pizza is pizza, spaghetti is spaghetti, so the essentials are covered!

Toast (pain) is either blanc (white) or brown (wheat), don't ask for rye - Marty tries and fails every time!

Tom sometimes tries to speak in his second language Spanish, but it hasn't proven to be effective to a French speaking person :rolleyes: .

Ask if the tip is included in the price (le service inclus?) so you know whether of not you need to add tip.

You are the visitor, so be polite, wait your turn in line, don't be loud, obnoxious, or an @^#, open or hold the door for others just like you would in at home (you do that don't you?).

Happy sledding!

Actually NH-Moose, if you ride a Yamaha learning how to say "mechanique" is not necessary. lol!!!

I'm anxious to see Towing's report tonight on the St Zenon area. Heading up to go Thursday and Friday!!! Finally!!!

Happy sledding!

Hey John! Great advice. How many laughs have we had with Marty trying to order rye toast? And he still attempts it over & over! My spanish works well with the Danseuse employees!! LOL

Actually NH-Moose, if you ride a Yamaha learning how to say "mechanique" is not necessary. lol!!!

I know you're just poking fun Fozzy, they're all good when they run. But stuff happens to everyone eventually, sometimes its the riders fault too.

I've been towed out a few times in 50k+ mikes on SDI Doos, but I've also towed 4 Yammis with those SDI's (certainly not 3 at the same time - LOL, my SDI was working hard and overheating towing just 1 Yammi 4-stroke), so I have some experience on both ends of the rope :rolleyes:

Yammy engines rarely (probably never ?) leave you stranded thats a fact, but they still have electrical, fuel, gauge pod, cooling, and suspension systems that can fail like any other sled.

And at the the end of the day or week my body thanks me for having a 100 pound lighter machine.

As soon as they lighten them up another notch, I hope to join the 4-stroke club, the Doo/Yammy competition is great at pushing the technology along. I'm waiting for a report of a 1200 Doo with 20 or 30k miles, and the next gen Yammi !!

I know you're just poking fun Fozzy, they're all good when they run. But stuff happens to everyone eventually, sometimes its the riders fault too.

I've been towed out a few times in 50k+ mikes on SDI Doos, but I've also towed 4 Yammis with those SDI's (certainly not 3 at the same time - LOL, my SDI was working hard and overheating towing just 1 Yammi 4-stroke), so I have some experience on both ends of the rope :rolleyes:

Yammy engines rarely (probably never ?) leave you stranded thats a fact, but they still have electrical, fuel, gauge pod, cooling, and suspension systems that can fail like any other sled.

And at the the end of the day or week my body thanks me for having a 100 pound lighter machine.

As soon as they lighten them up another notch, I hope to join the 4-stroke club, the Doo/Yammy competition is great at pushing the technology along. I'm waiting for a report of a 1200 Doo with 20 or 30k miles, and the next gen Yammi !!

Got 20K on my Yammy, never broke down but lets not talk about the preventative maintenance LOL Clutches and skid is out as we speak, preseason inspection and yes there is always something to repair or upgrade, but that goes for all sleds.

BTW Bill (Saguenay Bill) puts on around that, 20k a year on his 1200 BRP, ask him for a report.

BTW Bill (Saguenay Bill) puts on around that, 20k a year on his 1200 BRP, ask him for a report.

Not sure why Bill didn't stick with the 1200, but when I talked to him at the Fremont show a couple months ago, he said he loved his 600 Ace last season.

Ya just funny i was brought up french but lost ALL OF IT when i moved down here. My wife and i don't speak it at all , but my kids are fluent in french as we sent them through the french school system.

Download the free app for your iphone or droid called "google translate". It works great!