Trip This Weekend- Staying the weekend at Le Cabannon

Snowbunny

We've done all of the above, met at guy at Le Cabanon that mentioned we might need more memory... Trails were great- infact so great that we are planning on going back Friday and staying for another weekend. Day 1 we left Cabanon and headed to Repos for lunch, Day 2 we headed to St-Damien and Glacier for lunch. Spent lots of time on the road tonight betweekn Montreal and Ottawa- snow plows, black ice, snow and high winds. Should have stayed at Cabanon for another night...too bad its back to work tomorrow!

You could stay at any one of those places. Me personally I like LaCabanon the best. They have secure parking for trucks and sleds, good food, nice bar, decent rooms and gas. Trail 23 and 63 go right through the place. English is not a problem there either. Most everybody that works there speaks english. There were lot's of Canadiens from Ontario there as well. Apparently there isn't much for snow there either these day's. Real Masse is ok too. They tend to close up the restaurant early though. They have everything you need there and trail 23 goes through it. LaGlacier is the easiest to get in to as it is right off of 131 on the left side as your headed north. Not sure if they have gas. I have never stayed there there. Real Masse and LaCabanon are in the woods a bit but with a 4WD truck it is no problem. I was up there last week and it was all good. After the melt down and refreeze the trails were very hard and fast, some were thin especially around St Michele. But they got around 8 inches of new snow Sunday to freshen things up. Tremblant and Mastigouche are very good. Lots of snow. The M20 trail north of Mastigouche Park was incredible. You should have no issues with the snow, and the riding will be good no matter what place you choose and you can go anywhere you want from any of those places. From Joliette north was all rideable when we came through there Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...