Trails open?

wulsock1

Good luck from there after the rain and warm temps..I just drove from Gaspesie and there is minamal snow on the south of the st laurence river.I am sure that the rain will kill most riding on that side..The south of gaspesie is very thin and probbably wont make it through the rain.There is almost no snow before, after, and around Rimmouski..Too little snow and wind this year...jack

I just drove from St Donat to home here in southern NB on Sunday. As I dropped down from St D the snow levels started to fall. In Joliette there was far less snow but certainly still rideable. After crossing the river at QC the conditions were very low snow cover until east of Montmagny where close to route 20 it is basically bare ground until RDL As I started down the 185 into NB I watched all the trail crossings. South of RDL the snow cover does increase a bit but not much. When I went by the RT526 crossing I noticed a sled track but it was very low hard snow cover. From my experience you could most likely ride the TQ35 on the railbed as it is inland. Mikerider is staying in Montmagny right now so he is the one to ask and because of his profession I know he will tell you the truth! LOL North and west of St D last week was awesome conditions with great snow and trails.

Andy

post-14-0-25005400-1359480972_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the inro, Andy. Two days ago, Sunday afternoon, I drove to RDL and did 60 sled miles that night. Poor snow depth and poor conditions. Next morning moved to Montmagny and have put on 400 miles in last day and a half of perfect riding, all going west and south making a loop. I haven't been riding east of Montmagny. Hotel at RDL and Montmagny both said Gaspe is no good according to sledders stopping in. What a shame rain is forecast, riding is perfect here. mike

Thanks for the info guys. Maybe looking to western Quebec this year. Have been there for the last five years and have good riding. Was hoping to get to ride Gaspe this year but maybe it'll have to wait.

Sorry Dad!!!!!