BIG SNOW COMMING

grumpysanta

I would be jumping up and down if I would not be driving in it Saturday morning! Not to much were I live but I am not to exited about driving through New York on Saturday morning. I will see how it goes, Its time to ride!

I would be jumping up and down if I would not be driving in it Saturday morning! Not to much were I live but I am not to exited about driving through New York on Saturday morning. I will see how it goes, Its time to ride!

Oh come on!! be a sport, snowmobiling is always an adventure.

81 might be a better route than 87 with the big coastal storm.

Probably right Phil, although I would watch 81 if there is alot of wind sometimes it closes and the 401 gets nasty too I have seen van trailers get blown right over with the heavy wind. Good luck Dave.

81 might be a better route than 87 with the big coastal storm.

Normally I take 87, but I was thinking 81. They want high winds on the backside of the storm and we all know that means "lake effect"! I will flip a coin on Sat. morning.

Edited by 600IQHO

Normally I take 87, but I was thinking 81. They want high winds on the backside of the storm and we all know that means "lake effect"! I will flip a coin on Sat. morning.

Yea if the wind comes from West LE snow will be a problem plus they divert you at Thousand lsland bridge if winds are high. At lease NYDOT should be ready for the storm, drive carefully I wish I were going.

Wouldn't you know it, we are heading up from N-central PA as well. I think 81 will be fine, they'll keep it plowed. forecasts are for mostly 4-8" but up through the plateau, that could be an adventure. Winds are supposed to die down very quickly as this storm rips off to the northeast. We'll make it there, it's just amazing how you wait for snow all winter in PA and he day you leave for Canada you finally get a storm that would allow you to ride in Northern PA.

I don't know ...... looks like they are going to have a handful I've been on 81N in some nasty situations !!! It's the wind with the blowing snow across the highway. Be careful guys and hope you make it there safe !!!!

The forecast is saying that by early Saturday morning the backside of the storm will be going across the NY and CT line. Leaving a couple of hours later may make a big difference in the roads.

Good luck guys and drive careful.

Jack & Sandi

(Edit - spellcheck)

Edited by revct1

Wouldn't you know it, we are heading up from N-central PA as well. I think 81 will be fine, they'll keep it plowed. forecasts are for mostly 4-8" but up through the plateau, that could be an adventure. Winds are supposed to die down very quickly as this storm rips off to the northeast. We'll make it there, it's just amazing how you wait for snow all winter in PA and he day you leave for Canada you finally get a storm that would allow you to ride in Northern PA.

Forcast looks good for 81, showing clouds and sun at 9 am Saturday in Pulaski. Leaving at 5 am might be a little dicey through the Pocono mountains in the morning but the rest should be ok.

Gizz, did you go up today or are you leaving Saturday?

Forcast looks good for 81, showing clouds and sun at 9 am Saturday in Pulaski. Leaving at 5 am might be a little dicey through the Pocono mountains in the morning but the rest should be ok.

Gizz, did you go up today or are you leaving Saturday?

Early tomorrow AM. Looks like it won't be too bad

post-280-0-22786000-1360450348_thumb.jpg

This was my mode of transportation for the last 30 hours .We haven"t had a storm like this for five years .About 12-14 inches.Work for two different snow contractors with two different tractors on the road.Hated to come home early from the ride but the pockets are lined again.