West is Best!!

Florida Snowman

Rode from Shawinigan to Barrage Gouin today. 265 unreal miles. Ran the river to Meckinac then the 360 to Matawin & took gas. Then the 360 to M20 ........SWEET. Then 360 again to Repos & took gas. 345 up to Kanawata to have lunch. Continued on 345 to 83 west.......How do you spell relief!!!!! Got to Gouin at 3:30pm. Easy 265! Off to Forestel in Val d'Or tomorrow.

Tom & Alain (aka mxsenior on QR.)

Edited by Florida Snowman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rode from Shawinigan to Barrage Gouin today. 265 unreal miles. Ran the river to Meckinac then the 360 to Matawin & took gas. Then the 360 to M20 ........SWEET. Then 360 again to Repos & took gas. 345 up to Kanawata to have lunch. Continued on 345 to 83 west.......How do you spell relief!!!!! Got to Gouin at 3:30pm. Easy 265! Off to Forestel in Val d'Or tomorrow.

360 west to Matawin was good? Just curious it was pretty much junk on Thursday. They may have some more snow since then. On the other side of the river heading to M20 trail was real good on Thursday.

Have a good trip!

Found this on my facebook with a little note!

And yes...the west is amazing! I will post some pictures of where I am, just the other side of the Quebec/Ontario border.

Badda bing badda boom

How do spell relief?

Do 200 miles and call me in the morning.

Those big trails up there Tom are Yamaha material, nothing like the sweet sound of a 10 000rpm motor singing to ya.

I'll be up there trailblazing soon.

Trails are perfect to say the least.

Ive been wanting to get back to you side of the border. Havent been to north bay in 10 pluss years.

O snow man glad I stayed we have a contract only had to kick in an elevator. some contingencies but with luck they aren't an issue

Edited by rmk

Linda do you know people in Mattawa? ....as Mattawa is my home town....did you cross into Quebec from Ralphton just want to know if 386 is open im head that way by myself Thurs.

I don't have friends here, but frequent this area, so they know me at Yates, Morning Mist, Doug Antlers and Mattawa Golf and ski...but only becuase I talk lol

A102Q and A101Q are open signs are up and its showing on the OFSC site as open, but I didn't cross...stayed in Ontario this weekend.

Edited by lindasledgirl

Ohhhhh Linda you are soooooooooooo spoiled with those trails.

Have a nice trip

It is truly amazing...not busy here at all.

Dam. Linda the trails look really good. Niceeeeee

They are great! And now i see snow at Groomers! It's going to be great!

Pick up a trip last minute . Filled in for a cancellation . Left Duhamel at 3:30 took 319 to railbed 63 to Mt Laurier 100 miles and in 6:00. Busy over here but trails are in good shape. Clova tommorrow .

Get a move on and you'll catch up with Florida Snowman! Have fun!

linda what kind of motel's or cottages are in the area? Do they have good snow early season or is it more a late run area? Ive always wanted to do the train north ride (I think that is what it is called) only left from North bay 2 times but from the cabin in Pa its only 420 miles north close.