Trailblazer reporting for duty

Trailblazer

First big ride since the new mods have been done, the plan is to ride from Grand Mere up to Lac Edward LSG do the loop and return via Relais 22 and La Tuque, let's see how it goes always an adventure.

Day1

On the road at 6am driving to Grand Mere 10am we're riding. Took the 23 out to St. Tite St. Thickle

And ND de Montauban where we took gas, a little too much road riding for me on this route had some over heating issues trails were freshly groomer and rock hard. Then up the 353 to the 73 355 to Lac Edward took gas and lunch. On up the 355 to Lac Bouchette took gas. This trail was absolutely outstanding but watch out for the twigs in the trail, groomer had his saw on but forgot to install the rake. Then up to the 83 eastwards to the Delta after sunset where we are camped out. I know it's the long way up but my riding partner has never seen Parc Portneuf and the 355 Lac Edward trail.

512klms/320miles for the day, I understand Tom doing 290 from 10am now trails were 8-10 flat and hard makes for good gas milage too. Only one pic for the day and I had Linda and Groomer in mind when I took it, ohhh how someone will be very disappointed later. Lol.

Roger that Andy!!!

Day 2

After a big day of riding we decided to take it easy looping the lake and visit a few Relais's, we were the last ones out of the parking lot at the Delta :(

Took the 383 to the 367 out of the Delta up to St.Ambroise(Mr.Big RV dealer) trail was horribly rough for the most part. Aluminum bridge groomed right down the middle. At St.Ambroise we decided to head a little further north to the 328 to begin our loop good decision very rewarding more snow further up and trails are real sweet and I got a chance to stretch her legs out with some local boys up the 328 to the Begin intersection, Labreque then shortcut to the 367 into St.Monique. Had a little repair to take care of in St.Monique at a local gas station slash depanneur slash garage which was closed, the young gas/dep attendant was kind enough to call in the garage owner to come and repair my sled, he was a sledder himself. One good thing about small towns in Quebec when asked correctly they will go out of their way to help you out of a jam. Koodos he saved the day.

On down to Peribonka, trail in the power lines was really really rough. Took lunch at Vauvert sur la Lac. Up the 367 93 then local into St.Methode took gas then up to Relais des Buttes and fueled up....a little more, place was packed. 373 into Roberval to Motel/Hotel Roberval where we met up with our friends from home, we arrived with in 5 minutes of each other great timing. Trails for today aside from up to St.Ambroise and in the power lines before Peribonka were a 8-10 once again, the key stay north. 297klms/186 miles.

Aluminum bridge crossing

Day 3

Got off to another late start, 373 to 83 to Relais 22 for gas and lunch. 83 was groomed really really good, a real roller coaster up to the little bridge then after that it opened up and became an Apex trail, sang that tune again. Super trail.

Took the 73 into La Tuque, this trail has been lengthened to160klms from a 120, some of it was real sweet forest road running and some was some real goat paths, about 75% of it was groomed real nice. A previous post about this trail showed a gps track with a 3 1/2hr time frame to ride it , it was bang on 3 1/2 hours down. Took gas a little Timmy break and on down to the trucks, 73 355 pipeline (dark now) was a 6-7 thin and a little rough. 360 to local M19 down the river to Grand Mere. From the 355/351 intersection to 360 to the river was groomed to perfection, hard and flat, sharp carbides are in good order here. River was not too bad pretty flat, had snow and was ride-able with no cooling/slides issues. Got to the trucks at 7pm home at 10pm. 445klms/278 miles.

Sled mods held up real good, putting aside the lose bolt, rear suspension with the tipped up rails handles better than I expected in the twisties and the hook up with that Ice Attack track can be overwhelming, bridges well over the studder bumps too. However, recommended clutching for this set up still needs some fine tweeking, arm ripping performance (my forearms are feeling it today) but lacks some top end.

Trip totaled in at 1254klms/784 miles for 3 days averaging 418klms/261 miles per day so the speedo tells me, GPS says a different story.

Great report JG! seems you had a nice express trip...

It took me few second to spot on what was wrong on your day#2 fourth pic... The moment you realized it was just before torquing this bolt that the phone ring... =@ Anyway you catch it on time, and it's less worse than forgetting to torque the rear axel and strew your rear wheels over the trail, don't ask me why I know.... :nea:

Loved your pics report :good:

Alain

Great report JG! seems you had a nice express trip...

It took me few second to spot on what was wrong on your day#2 fourth pic... The moment you realized it was just before torquing this bolt that the phone ring... =@ Anyway you catch it on time, and it's less worse than forgetting to torque the rear axel and strew your rear wheels over the trail, don't ask me why I know.... :nea:

Loved your pics report :good:

Alain

The phone rang??? Good one Alain I know exactly what you're talking about but truth be known I've had the suspension out so many times and never replaced the lock nuts, I know I know tisk tisk on me they pretty much had no more grip left on them even with lock tight. New lock nuts will be on for next ride. Edited by Trailblazer

JG

As we were leaving the Pen at the Delta, Shane pointed out your sled, I was hoping you'd be back that night.

The sled looks nice.

Later

GutZ

Thanks GutZ, wish I knew you and Shane were there that night.