local Gaspe help

ODog

We are in Gaspe now part way through a 5day loop. I'm hoping someone can tell me where i can find yamaha oil. Or, in a jam can safely use anything else in a 2010 vector? We are supposed to head to Murdochville tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Btw you guys got a little bit off snow, eh?

I have a 12 Vector. I run Mobil 1 0w-30. Any 0w-30 would work. In a pinch 5w-30 would work, so long as it does not get stupid cold.

X2...........don't be afraid to mix your synthetic with 0 or 5W30 totally compatible, it'll get you off the low oil level and when you get home dump the mix and put in the good stuff.

Sled will still run and you won't be hurting it

In my 2 stroke days when i was really stuck i put 10W30 in my injection oil reservoir, it worked. Better some oil than no oil,

Edited by Trailblazer

Maybe you're already past this but just another thought/question: if your oil level was OK before you left and you say it is down now, did you leak some ?? The Vectors aren't known for burning oil like the early RX-1's sometimes did. (although the Vectors will sometimes puke some out if there is an issue with the breather.)

Many Yamaha owners don't check the level correctly.

• It should be fully warmed up and on a level area. (Since it is a dry sump system, it must be run to get a reliable check of the level.)
  • Remove the harness attached to the cap/dipstick assy, unscrew it, wipe clean and reinsert without screwing it back in.
  • It is best to maintain the level a bit over halfway between the lower and upper mark.

Like others have said, a good quality semi-synthertic or fully synthetic automotive oil in either 0W-30 or 5W-30 should be fine.

Thanks everyone for the comfort knowing I could use any 0w30 in a punch. I found a quart of 0w30 synthetic at the petrol canada. Only needed about 4 oz. Off to Murdochville now then overnight in lacashe. Wicked awesome trip.