20 years younger.

markusvt

We've stayed there a number of times over the past few years. Great spot. Kinda strange on the "reservation side". Couple years ago we were passing by, we're headed to SADM for the eve. One of the lads (I won't say which) succumbed to the ravages of influenza late in the day. Didn't appear we would be comfy riding on to SADM, so, while sitting on the 5, two miles from the turnoff to Village du Chic Chocs, I pulled out the cell phone and called. Said we were 4 riders and did they have accommodations for us that nite. Guy harrumphed around, ostensibly shuffling papers for 5 minutes, then allowed how he just might be able to "work us in for the night".

We rode on, arriving there 10 Minutes Later. Turns out we were the only guests there that evening. Lol.

That said....... It is a magnificent spot. Great food. Nice accommodations. Prolly could accommodate 20 + guests.

But we would not be in the Coulee Vert..

Timbo

I agree with Timbo. We pulled in there one night and it was snowing like a bugger winds a howling. They gave us a room, food was good and it is a very nice place but staff was so so.....Was told BRP had been there recently doing some "testing"

We've stayed there a number of times over the past few years. Great spot. Kinda strange on the "reservation side". Couple years ago we were passing by, we're headed to SADM for the eve. One of the lads (I won't say which) succumbed to the ravages of influenza late in the day. Didn't appear we would be comfy riding on to SADM, so, while sitting on the 5, two miles from the turnoff to Village du Chic Chocs, I pulled out the cell phone and called. Said we were 4 riders and did they have accommodations for us that nite. Guy harrumphed around, ostensibly shuffling papers for 5 minutes, then allowed how he just might be able to "work us in for the night".

We rode on, arriving there 10 Minutes Later. Turns out we were the only guests there that evening. Lol.

That said....... It is a magnificent spot. Great food. Nice accommodations. Prolly could accommodate 20 + guests.

But we would not be in the Coulee Vert..

Timbo

That's a very comforting story Timbo, glad to hear they were able to put you up for the night for your buddy's sake but shuffling papers around to find you a spot for the night when in fact there were no other guests there is a little concerning don't you think!

Anyways last season the caretaker told us there is now a new administration, the other member here on QR I was referring to had made a reservation under that new admin and had to cancel well beyond the arrival date and quickly learned 50% of the reservation was taken from the credit card. Very unfortunate, not knocking down the place, I had a pleasant stay but beware of their cancelation policies is what I was leading to.

I think the previous administration was a tad "full of themselves", and were a bit imperious at times???? Hopefully the new ownership might be more solicitous and accommodating. .?. Good to know their position on "reservations!

Timbo

When we stayed there we asked why one room was more $ than another

The answer we got was well that room has a view of the mountain

We couldn't debate wether it did or not as it was pitch dark at the time

I think they had very good vin rouge though 🍷

We stayed there two winters ago, booked on the trail, same thing...acted like they could squeeze us in, We were the only ones there!

Booked last year, cancelled, they said they would refund half, but I never got my money and I know a fellow with the same last name but no relation did not get his money either.

It did have great views! Good food too!

The man that looked after us, I think he was royalty or something...Or he just acted like it lol

i loved the trail in to that place...we were cookin!

I know he stopped sponsoring the local map last year as well.

Linda

When we stayed there we asked why one room was more $ than another

The answer we got was well that room has a view of the mountain

We couldn't debate wether it did or not as it was pitch dark at the time

I think they had very good vin rouge though

Indeed, 182 Ray. I recall the vin rouge was quite tasty!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

How about Mar 12-14th? This includes Friday the 13th!!!!

Andy

Seems like that weekend fits for a lot of folks, Andyman. Let's run it up the flagpole and see who salutes.

Pud and I just made reservations at Selectotel in Amqui, arriving on 12 March and departing on the 15th. We were thinking of hanging around the rest of that following week to enjoy a few days of the Gaspesie fine riding.

Yours, in Snowmadness,

timbo :drinks: