The go with the flow tour

snowfarmer

We did the Clermont Express yesterday. 83 was fast and smooth. Nice pics.

Sorry we didn't make it in to the delta. Would of liked to have a drink with fellow QCRiders perhaps another time !

Edited by snowfarmer

Well waking up to the sound of snowplows around the hotel was music to the ears! Looking outside was like Christmas morning knowing we would have fresh snow and a big breakfast ahead of us. Gotta love the buffet at the Fairmont. I just dream of those crepes in maple syrup and butter. Anyway all was good about 4-5 inches of the fresh stuff all the way back to the truck in Quebec City. Took the 378 from the hotel to Baie Saint Paul then 3 ,jumped on 320 (fresh groomed) through Mont St Anne back to 3 to the Sheraton . 110 miles for the day. Loaded up the sleds, unhooked the trailer and checked out the ice hotel. Then decieded to head into Old Quebec City to stay the night and check out some sights and food.. Few pics from today

post-280-0-45588700-1425502688_thumb.jpgpost-280-0-64859600-1425502718_thumb.jpg

post-280-0-00442100-1425502756_thumb.jpg[

attachment=26364:image.jpg]

post-280-0-13398700-1425502990_thumb.jpg[

attachment=26368:image.jpg]

post-280-0-28221800-1425503049_thumb.jpg

The only place you can eat the yellow snow( frozen maple syrup on a stick)[

attachment=26370:image.jpg]

post-280-0-44754900-1425502781_thumb.jpg

post-280-0-30251500-1425502893_thumb.jpg

post-280-0-02432200-1425503028_thumb.jpg

post-280-0-52818400-1425503377_thumb.jpg

Edited by snowfarmer

Hey Davd & Nora,

I'm so glad you guys are having a great trip together! I need to get Brenda back on a snowmobile & take a ride with you guys. I love seeing the picture of Mont Saint-Anne. We used to ski there with the kids every year. Love that area.

Enjoy Old Quebec City. It's the only walled city in North America North of Mexico.

Best,

Tom

Pictures are great! I am going to use them to 'encourage' my wife to get back on her machine and see what she is missing in Quebec!!

My wife rides with me on often but she keeps saying she is getting too old for this..... but when it's in Quebec she has no excuses she loves it there.

We are going to try the Abitibi area next week for the first time. It too will be a "go with the flow" as snowfarmer calls it....except for the last day, it may be 265 miles (no place to sleep) back to truck, but I wont tell her that !

My wife rides with me on often but she keeps saying she is getting too old for this..... but when it's in Quebec she has no excuses she loves it there.

We are going to try the Abitibi area next week for the first time. It too will be a "go with the flow" as snowfarmer calls it....except for the last day, it may be 265 miles (no place to sleep) back to truck, but I wont tell her that !

Smart man.

Better to ask for forgiveness then permission

Always an adventure

Better to ask for forgiveness then permission

Always an adventure

Hi JG, snowmobiling is an adventure...always!

People say oh you going on vacation next week?...i say no on an adventure in Quebec .......a vacation is in Florida!!

Thanks everybody for the kind comments . Nora has been riding with me since 1988. Took to it real well . While the kids where growing up in their teens she didn't get out much due to the sports my daughters were in and meets and competitions they had to go to. Now that they are grown up and gone she is up to going out and touring again. I really enjoy riding with the guys , you just get up and go ! My body aches more and pounding on the miles I just can't keep up like I use to but I try , that's why I still blow those courners. Lol! Nora can ride a 300 mile day but prefers not to day in and day out.I've taken a different mind set to riding with the wife. Less miles , take a few more pictures, stop and enjoy the sites along the way. I purchased a set of communicators ( there are some plus and minuses to this) but I feel a little better for her safety . Came in handy on a couple of courners with guys coming in a little tight. She could stop and let them through and such. Also a satellite phone just in case the crap hits the fan way out there.

Edited by snowfarmer

Nice trip, nice pictures and details. Your timing was very good for the snow and weather. I always like the Ice Hotel!

Thanks . Funny I planned this whole trip around being up on the mountain to see the sites and that was the only day you could not see anything! There is always next time. Have a good trip next week!

You're a very lucky man to enjoy your passion with the one.....here it comes...you love, there we go i'm doomed now! Lol

I've tried this out two times now and no luck both times.

I guess ride'n with the boys will have to do.

You're a lucky man

Edited by Trailblazer