Gaspesien Adventures

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 3

Monday March 9

Left Motel Nanook after a great breakfast under sunny skies & 9*F & headed east on TQ5. Stopped in to say hi to my friend Pierre Coulombe in Mont-Saint-Pierre, the best Yamaha dealer in the whole Gaspesie hands down! He is the club president for the last 2 years. We chatted for over 30 minutes about all the trail related issues out east & the access issues for visiting Perce rock. Trails were excellent all day except for a 25 mile section east of Grand-Vallee. Someone needs to wake up the groomer & send him out! Gassed up in Rivière-au-Renaud and decided to continue riding with the beautiful late afternoon sun & finished up at Motel Adams in Gaspe. You have to love sledding after the clocks change with DST. Great day!

237 miles

Edited by Florida Snowman

'11 800 etec 5,700 miles

'12 800 etec 2,400 miles

'13 800 etec 4,500 miles

'14 800 etec 4,200 miles

'15 800 etec 3,000 miles & counting

Not to mention 2 strokes I've forgotten

I see no need to go 4 poke

Bring us up to date when you have one that reaches 20 000 miles

'11 800 etec 5,700 miles

'12 800 etec 2,400 miles

'13 800 etec 4,500 miles

'14 800 etec 4,200 miles

That ain't many miles

Just saying.

08 Apex

1 sled

58,000 KM or 36,000 miles

Sure if you get a new sled every year or two then 2 stroke fine.

For me the I'll take the Long life and peace of mind for long trips, not to mention not needing to buy or bring oil.

I understand it is a personal choice, I get it.

They are all different.

But so are all a we.

Hey Ray I think everybody would love to run there 2 strokes as long as they can .... It's just approve fact that the 4 strokes last longer. The reliability is accounted for. I still have a 2 stroke but my next Sled will definitely be a 4 stroke. There's a reason why you get a new sled every year. C'mon you know riding a two-stroke after 5000 miles or even earlier is a Time bomb. With the miles you put on keep your sled for three years and tell me you won't have any problems. Doubt it.

Edited by crazysnow

'11 800 etec 5,700 miles

'12 800 etec 2,400 miles

'13 800 etec 4,500 miles

'14 800 etec 4,200 miles

As long as you have an engine designed without forced lubrication, relying on looser tolerances to achieve lubrication, a 4 stroke wins the longevity race every time. Not my opinion - basic mechanical engineering.

- Sorry Ray + everyone else.

Edited by vt_bluyamaha54

Day 4

March 10

Woke up at Motel Adams in Gaspe to minus 9F & not a cloud in the sky. Plan today was to try to get to Perce Rock even with all the info we had regarding the trail access closing. Blew right past the access trail. No signs of any kind posted. Stopped at the Rocher Perce Motoneige clubhouse in Grand-Rivière & had a chat with the club president. He was telling us stories about Perce dating back to 1952. Some bad blood issues exist. Continued on to Piston Alley (597) & blasted nord to the new Relais warming hut. Nicely built. About 5 miles before Murdochville Michael's pony collapsed. She said enough is enough. Pulled out the tow rope & towed the short distance to Hotel Copper to huddle up & plan. After discussing trailer/towing options the owner of Hotel Copper efficiently & expeditiously arranged a truck w/king cab & auto trailer to take both our sleds & get to the SkiDoo dealer in Matane. Great people at Hotel Copper. Love that place. Enjoyed the sunshine ride on TQ132 all the way to Matane following the north seashore. Dropped the Doo at dealer just as they were locking up the place. Diagnosis & Prognosis to follow at 8:00am tomorrow. Sleeping at Matane Quality Inn. 200 yards from SkiDoo dealer. Nice place. I've always stayed at the Riotel in the past.

158 sled miles

$325 truck miles LOL

Edited by Florida Snowman

Little bright side to all of this , you got to see some scenery you normally don't get to see by sled. Take care Tom ,my buddies are on the north shore I tried to get a hold of them to cross to your side but couldn't get them. Mike boating season is just around the corner :)

Hopefully the dealer can get you guys going, nice pics Tom! Looks like me and Eric will be going up Friday to RDL. Threw a stud and ripped a 6" tear in the track. Was going to bale but found a track and Rustys can install it tomorrow while I wait.